1 month post RN, questions

Options
arky9389
arky9389 Member Posts: 5 Member
edited March 2022 in Kidney Cancer #1

Thanks so much for participating in this forum. It helps.

I am one month out RN, 7 cm grade 2, mass. Stage 3 as it had grown jnto the renal sinus fat, clear margins.

I have not seen a nephrologist yet, appt is scheduled for y months post op. Does anyone know if this is standard? My eGFR post op was like 42, which seems concerning. Any insight?

Thanks a bunch.

Comments

• arky9389
    Options

Sorry, should have proofread that post

Nephrologist appt is scheduled for 6 months post op....

• arky9389
    Options

• Mmoses25
    Mmoses25 Member Posts: 321 Member
    Options

Well your gfr is low but I think it will come up I’m stage 3 grade 3 next month will be my 2 years cancer free I think if your concern to call your doctor but you made it thru surgery which is good if it was contain to the kidney and didn’t spread just make sure you go for your scans good luck will say a prayer for you

• arky9389
    Options

Congrats on the annivdrsary and thanks for the response.

• tgpath1
    tgpath1 Member Posts: 97 Member
    Options

After my nephrectomy, I was referred to a nephrologist to watch my remaining kidney. It took about six months to get in and now I'm one year out and see her every six months. The urologist will watch for recurrence of cancer but the nephrologist monitors your remaining kidney function. I think that is pretty standard. The eGFR will fluctuate but mine never got below 59 even post op. If you are concerned, I would log a call to the nephrologist and ask...maybe they will say it's normal or maybe they will push up your appointment.

• arky9389
    Options

Good advice. Thanks for the info.