Adrenal Nodule after right colectomy for LAMN

edandreaesq
edandreaesq Member Posts: 1 Member
edited July 2022 in Rare and Other Cancers #1

A year ago, I thought I had a kidney stone. In the ER I had a CT scan which diagnosed me with a very large tumor in my appendix that appeared malignant. To avoid rupture, they performed emergency surgery and removed my appendix as well as 12 inches of my colon. Fortunately the tumor didn’t rupture and all surrounding lymph nodes were clean. The cancerous/abnormal cells had not grown outside of the appendix. I had a very hard recovery and follow up care at MSKCC in NYC. They told me the surgery was curative and no further treatment was needed. Since then I’ve battled with chronic diarrhea. My doctor just ordered a CT with contrast to try to determine the cause of my ongoing diarrhea and it revealed “a nodule measuring 7mm X 9mm in the upper medial wing of the right adrenal”. There was no sign of an adrenal nodule in my CT scan with contrast 9 months ago. I’m scared out of my mind!!!! I am 40 years old with 4 kids and 3 step kids. Should I be worried?????

Comments

• tisado
    tisado Member Posts: 6 Member

I had what was "benign" 13 cm adrenal tumor in August 2020, it wasn't. I had new tumor on back bone. I just had surgery followed by stereotactic radiation. Now I will be on mitotane to kill adrenal cells and hydrocodone to offset loss of adrenal glands. Adrenal cortical carcinoma. Or ACC

Has your doc mention that drug? Wishing g you the best.

It can cause diarrhea but if it kills the cells causing tumor, I can LIVE with it.