Gearing up for radiation...

Options
StonedCamaro
StonedCamaro Member Posts: 38 Member
edited March 2022 in Colorectal Cancer #1

More than halfway through my chemo treatments. Unfortunately I'm so sensitive to it, makes me very sick and weak for 10-12 days. But now met Radiation Oncologist and will be getting full pelvis radiation 5x a week for 5 weeks. She warned me it will induse menopause. Not sure how I feel about that. I'm done having kids and won't miss the hassle/mess. But what's it going to be like? Worried about how it will affect my sex drive, my internal woman pleasure parts. Will it hurt? Why do some people need dialaters?

Any women have any advice, knowledge, or reassurance on this? Is my future just being an overly hot bitchy grump who won't enjoy sex?

Comments

• SnapDragon2
    SnapDragon2 Member Posts: 717 Member
    Options

I would offer my experience and some advice for you but csn would probably delete it.

• pamness
    pamness Member Posts: 524 Member
    Options

I had a terrible time with chemo. Sick, like you, for 10 to 12 days. Terrible nausea, neuropathy, etc. Radiation was so much easier for me. No nausea. I was a bit tired. I had a 5fu pump part of the time. I don’t know if it was the chemo or radiation or both but it put me into menopause Oh well, I hope you whether it as easily as I did.

• StonedCamaro
    StonedCamaro Member Posts: 38 Member
    Options
  • Gabby T
    Gabby T Member Posts: 10 Member
    Options

From my own experience with radiation treatments several years ago I can highly recommend 2 different topical creams, if needed. One will require a prescription from your Radiation Oncologist, and that is Biafine. The other is Miaderm which I found on Amazon.

Wishing you the best......