Early Tamoxifen side effects

Options
glmommy
glmommy Member Posts: 1 Member
edited March 2022 in Breast Cancer #1

I started Tamoxifen 2 days ago. I took my first dose in the evening. The next day by 9am I felt achy, mainly my hips, legs, and lower back. Motrin and Aleve did not seem to help much. I felt the same way today. I also feel like the insides of my stomach hurt (it's hard to explain) Has anyone else experienced these side effects? And especially so soon after starting it? I was going to message my doctor but then decided to give it a few days. However, no medicine seems to take it away-maybe slight relief. Just wondering if I'm going crazy 🤪

Comments

• PamEP
    PamEP Member Posts: 1 Member
    Options

I took tamoxifen for a little over 4 months and kept a log. My initial reactions were headache and nausea. Brain fog came soon after and what you describe as the "insides of my stomach hurt," which I felt more like pelvic pressure or bloating. I later experienced really bad leg and foot cramps at night as well as breast swelling, which may have been caused by its estrogen agonist effect. Finally, my legs became really stiff and achy. Hopefully you will have better luck on tamoxifen than I had. I am post-menopausal and am no longer on the drug.

• joanneP
    joanneP Member Posts: 3 Member
    Options

I have not started hormonal therapy yet. See oncologist this coming Thursday. I’m very nervous.