Stomach cancer years after

Options
Tmartgant
Tmartgant Member Posts: 2 Member
edited April 2022 in Stomach Cancer #1

in 2013, my mom had ring cell carcinoma that's why they removed her stomach, plus carcinoid carcinoma in the intestine.

my mom had her whole stomach removed a large portion of her small intestines removed. No chemo or radiation they said they removed it all.

my mother still suffers with stomach pain. Because she has no stomach, so pain meds don’t filter thru her stomach, they prescribed liquid Norco. She has never abused it, and takes less than what is prescribed.

I have found her rolling on the ground in so much pain, it just has all of us worried, but she gets checked

they keep telling us she is having stomach pain from stress.

She is in her 80’s and can remember stuff that myself an siblings can’t even remember.

she is very stubborn and doesn’t like to depend on nobody.

Is there any information about pain still staying after 9 years ?

Comments

• Ana123
    Ana123 Member Posts: 5 Member
    Options

Hi Tmartgant. What stage was your mom? I’m sorry she isn’t doing too good. I wish I had some answers but I don’t and looking for them too. I’m 34 and got diagnosed with the same type of cancer back in November 2021. I have done chemotherapy and now getting ready for surgery probably the same surgery your mom had. Pls let me know how her surgery was how long did she stay in the hospital? How is her eating?

• Tmartgant
    Tmartgant Member Posts: 2 Member
    Options

In 2013, she kept saying she didn’t feel right & she said she felt like fluttering in her stomach like a heart beat, finally they ran test.

they found it fast removed whole stomach an portion of intestines.

stayed In Hospital abt a week came home ate like a baby very small amounts then had to be put on feeding tube, until she could start eating again abt a month.

• Ana123
    Ana123 Member Posts: 5 Member
    Options

Did it take her long to eat normal food?