Anxiety Recurrence - Toolbox

Options
Marylen
Marylen Member Posts: 1 Member
edited March 2022 in Breast Cancer #1

Hi all! I was wondering if you have tried any "tools" that have helped you manage anxiety recurrence...There are so many "triggers" that can potentially affect our overall outlook to survivorship. We see them on commercials, on the news, when a famous person passes away, when someone we care for is diagnosed AND when waiting for biopsy results (a major trigger!). What tools/resources/strategies have worked for YOU?

THANK YOU.-

Comments

• catlady2
    catlady2 Member Posts: 50 Member
    Options

I agree with you that all the reminders out there are challenging! To be honest there are days that I switch the channel on the television if something about cancer comes on. We all know what we went through and may go through in the future. The constant reminders are stressful, and stress plays a role in all of this. For me walking while listening to audiobooks has been a godsend. When choosing, I look for something lighthearted. It is a win-win. The book keeps my mind from "going there" and I get in some exercise, which is good for my overall health. I also try to end each day with healing meditation and yoga. It helps me relax and get a good night sleep-which is also important to overall health.

There are days where nothing works and I cannot quiet my mind. I am interested in some other suggestions on what to do, besides visit my old friend chocolate!

Please take care of yourself. We all deserve a little peace and happiness in our lives.

• Jenintheaz
    Jenintheaz Member Posts: 2 Member
    Options

1:1 THC/CBD works wonders for me. I felt the world crack in two last week. There is no talking me down right now, so I take the edge off so I can live my life. Also to manage my aching back.

I’m determined to control only those things I can. Specifically, my diet, my exercise, my attitude. Right now I don’t want to confront things I cannot control. Those answers will come weather I want them or not. From there I’m giving myself a holiday from bad news. There is nothing I can do to change my diagnosis, other than to do the treatment plan and get a second opinion.

• Sandy15
    Sandy15 Member Posts: 1 Member
    Options

Anxiety is a problem. It seems that every book I picked up to read someone had cancer, I thought what are you trying to tell me, I was fearful of going to the doctor for my report since I had just been told I had cancer and had to have surgery. In the end it wasn't as bad as I thought it would be in my mind.