still at 0.01 but

Options
mrap110
mrap110 Member Posts: 14 Member
edited March 2022 in Prostate Cancer #1

Had the last lupron treatment in May that was the 6-month shot after radiation and chemo. PSA is still 0.01 but I seem to have a lot of bone pain and I'm still having hot flashes. Is this common or should I be concerned? Thanks for any info you can provide.

Comments

• Clevelandguy
    Clevelandguy Member Posts: 1,028 Member
    Options

Hi,

How long ago was your radiation treatment and is that where your pain site is? Hot flashes are a side effect of Lupron, hopefully those should start to subside in the future. There are medications to help relieve the hot flashes, check out the different meds with your doctor.

Dave 3+4

• mrap110
    Options

Finished radiation over 2 years ago. The pain seems to be in my hips and lower back area, so it's very close to where the radiation site was. The chemo had also caused me leg pain while still doing it but most went away after treatment ended. Which will be 2 years ago in May. Thanks for the info. I'll definitely talk to my Dr. about the continued hot flashes.

Thanks again Dave 3+4

• Clevelandguy
    Clevelandguy Member Posts: 1,028 Member
    Options

Hi,

You might want to have your doctor do an MRI on your hip/lower back area to see if the radiation you had could be affecting the bones and the cartilage material that supports those areas. Good luck……..

Dave 3+4

• mrap110
    Options

definitely will

Thanks