Our friend, abrub, has passed away

Options
Trubrit
Trubrit Member Posts: 5,796 Member
edited April 2022 in Colorectal Cancer #1

I have just found out, that our forum friend, abrub, has passed away, after many, many years of fighting Appendix Cancer.

She was doing so well, nine year NED, I believe, and the Cancer returned.

She will be truly missed. A great lady!

Tru

Comments

• beaumontdave
    beaumontdave Member Posts: 1,280 Member
    Options

Bye Alice, you fought one whale of a battle, and carried it with buoyancy and optimism. We miss you........................................Dave

• NewHere
    NewHere Member Posts: 1,427 Member
    Options

I am crushed by the news. She and I kept on planning to meet at MSK. We missed each other by a couple of days when I had my surgery in 2016. Donated to her curse out cancer. I thought perhaps when she was coming down again to the city, but COVID made it difficult. And when she had it all come back, I thought she would beat it again.

She was so strong, funny and lived every day with a tremendous love of life.

I saw the updates from the end of January. Sent her an email just a few days ago to let her know I was thinking about her every day.

You are the last one Tru who was here holding my hand when I started this all 7 years ago.

• Tueffel
    Tueffel Member Posts: 327 Member
    Options

Good bye Alice! Your soul is free now and at the most beautiful place that ever existed!

My condolences to her family and friends!

• Kazenmax
    Kazenmax Member Posts: 463 Member
    Options

I’m so sorry to read this. She was a great warrior. Rest now.

k

• relaxoutdoors08
    relaxoutdoors08 Member Posts: 521 Member
    Options

Alice was the first person here who reached out when I was diagnosed and received treatment through the Mayo Clinic in Rochester Mn for colon and appendix cancer. She shared her treatments at Sloan Kettering in NY. I loved her stories of kayaking and curling. She was an inspiration for all of us.

• Canadian Sandy
    Canadian Sandy Member Posts: 784 Member
    Options

So sorry to hear this. She was such a fighter and was trying so hard to beat it. May she Rest In Peace now.

• Semira
    Semira Member Posts: 381 Member
    Options

So sad that Alice passed away. She helped me - us - so much, when my hubby was diagnosed back in 2011. And also after that we kept some contact and chatted about France, we both liked a lot.

Run free, Alice.

Love you

Petra

• Real Tar Heel
    Real Tar Heel Member Posts: 307 Member
    Options

She will be missed. She existed a long time with cancer, and shows all of us that our bodies will do what they can to keep us going as long as they can despite all the curves thrown our way.

• Tom M.
    Tom M. Member Posts: 223 Member
    Options

I'm so sorry to read all of this. I have not been on that much, not many good things to say about Y90. Where is Kim I haven't seen her here. Tom