Anybody here with Mets to both lungs and peritoneum?

Options
malika15
malika15 Member Posts: 1 Member
edited April 2022 in Colorectal Cancer #1

Hello everybody! Just wanted to know if there is anybody here with stage 4 colon cancer with Mets to peritoneum and lungs? What treatment options are there?

Comments

• Trubrit
    Trubrit Member Posts: 5,796 Member
    Options

Welcome to the forum, and sorry you have found yourself here.

I can't help you with your question, but I did want to say hi.

The forum runs very slow, anymore, so be patient as you wait for answers.

Tru

• whenitistimetofight
    whenitistimetofight Member Posts: 9 Member
    Options

I was diagnosed with stage IV Colorectal Cancer on 01/01/21.

I had metasisis. Lots of activity from cancer. A 12 hour surgery cured me. At last for now. A person is never really cured. It just quits attacking. And goes into remission.

• NewHere
    NewHere Member Posts: 1,427 Member
    Options

I do. My original surgery included removing portions of the peritoneum that had the tumors invade. The cancer had spread to my lungs by that time, but the one that was visible was a bit too small to tell for sure. It shrunk a bit on FOLFOX, then started growing. That was 7 years ago.

I had that tumor and part of my left lung removed in 2016. By the end of 2017 the cancer had spread throughout my lungs and spine. Had radiation on spine, then started FOLFORI fall 2018 (with a drug trial from Spring/Summer 2018 not working).

Then LONSURF in 2020 to mid 2021. Then a second drug trial June 2021 to January 2022. Then now in my third drug trial.

Lonsurf was not approved for colon cancer until a year after I was diagnosed. The drug cocktail I am on now was approved for breast cancer December, 2019 and Gastric Cancer January, 2021 - the takeaway being things are being developed and a lot more is coming with mRNA and other things. Each treatment that slows things down or even shrinks things for a bit bring us one step closer to the next treatment. A big thing it get testing done for mutations. I have additional mutations that have happened over the last 7 years (it seems) which is how I got into the new trial. My last main testing was 7 years ago.

This is my recent test. It is comprehensive and lists many treatments (or those that will not work) and trials based on the testing. There are other services out there, but this was the one my doctor used recently.

https://www.startwithstepone.com/

• whenitistimetofight
    Options

So where are you at now ? I hope it's cancer free !!

• NewHere
    NewHere Member Posts: 1,427 Member
    Options

I am inoperable and incurable for 4 years. About 5 tumors in spine. Many lymph nodes. Over 70 tumors in my lungs. Did a 5K and 10K running race last week...something that has kept me going is I started doing swim/bike/run four years ago when it many mets spread everywhere. (I am not fast though ;) )

Obviously I have some luck in all of this (about to get 60th round of chemo). But the doctors are all convinced at this point I have helped stacked my odds with a positive attitude and the exercise. They are all pretty sure I would otherwise I would be on the couch on oxygen now. More likely worse. So if you can exercise, start doing it after speaking with your doctor.

• chatting
    chatting Member Posts: 2 Member
    Options

Hi! I have rectal cancer that metastasized to my lungs after I had already gone through chemo and radiation. I am now on my 11th out of 12 cycles to treat that. I’ve had neurothapy in my hands and feet since July and now have a rectovaginal fistula! I guess I’m just looking for a place to Commiserate Hahahaha

• Teresa0287
    Teresa0287 Member Posts: 16 Member
    Options

My husband is being treated with 5-Fu and avastin for Mets to his lungs and a tumor in his abdomen by the pancreas and several other lymph nodes. He has been through two liver resection surgeries in the last two years. Currently the surgeon who performed those operations is saying he can’t operate now so he is just on chemo now and then hopefully they will rescan in two months and find it possible to begin radiation and then hopefully surgery will be an option again once that process has been successful. He has been through several other courses of chemo but some didn’t work at all or he was allergic and had to stop. The oncologist he sees is saying he is running out of options but we both believe that he will beat this and I believe that for you too!!!

• whenitistimetofight
    Options

I had stage IV colorectal cancer. With substantial Mets to my peritoneum. A spot on one lung. ( Not both ). The common chemotherapy drug 5-FU could do the trick.

• Tueffel
    Tueffel Member Posts: 327 Member
    Options

My dad had as far as I know mets to peritoneum and liver. Unfortunately, the treatments did not help because the cancer was changing so much and got resistant.

The best treatment when the peritoneum is involved is chemotherapy through the port. The peritoneum is already sparely supplied with blood, so to get the highest dose there IV is the best according to some doctors that we asked then.

I wish you good luck with your treatment!