Just a little laugh.

Options
Ribbons
Ribbons Member Posts: 150 Member

Just thought this might give someone a little smile. I had Neulasta after 5 of my 6 chemo infusions. I had that little thing they attach to you. They put mine on my belly, said that was less intrusive than my arm,🤷‍♀️. Anyway after they stick it on you, it counts down a few seconds and then you get a tiny prick. I have a high startle reflex and every time that little prick happened my arms flew up, I jumped and said Ohhh! Everyone laughed, it was pretty funny!!

Comments

• cmb
    cmb Member Posts: 1,001 Member
    Options

I had to give myself the Neulasta shot after my last four chemo treatments. At least that was just one pin prick and done each time. I don't think I would have liked having the gizmo stuck to me.

• Ribbons
    Options

It only stays on for about 24 hours, then you take it off till next time.

• thatblondegirl
    thatblondegirl Member Posts: 383 Member
    Options

Ya gotta laugh when ya can!

❤️, A

• Lyn70
    Lyn70 Member Posts: 214 Member
    Options

Ribbons,

I had to laugh with you. That Neulasta device was called onboard. It wasn't the pin prick that got me but anticipatory beeping. Was it before or after, I forgot I kept thinking what is that beeping? Lol

• Ribbons
    Options

It would beep for the countdown and even though I knew that pin prick was coming, I still jumped!

• JLBrown
    JLBrown Member Posts: 3 Member
    Options

Too funny! Thanks for the laugh 😂

• HeatherBE
    HeatherBE Member Posts: 3 Member
    Options

I couldn't do the onboard.....allergy to the adhesive (tegaderm, discovered that issue when my port was put in) then found out that I was getting Nyvepria and had to go in next day to get the shot anyhow.

• yetti
    yetti Member Posts: 82 Member
    Options

I had nuelasta also the type that was the plastic disc, I’m glad I didn’t have to come back next day for an injection! I remember, once I had it adhered to my stomach seemed closer to my belly button this time, I removed it my self at the assigned time, I was sitting in bed I pulled it off it was dark in the room except for light from tv. After a few minutes I felt some wetness and moisture on my night gown I thought I had spilt some of my water , I got up to use bathroom , I turned on light and realized the wetness was blood 🩸 all over my night gown on my stomach, a lot of blood kinda scary, I got cleaned up it stopped bleeding I called oncologist in the am and told them what happened, they said it was probably put on too close to blood vessel or vein ! Just another wonderful cancer experience !