Did anyone else receive a private message from Silverfox2022?

Options
thatblondegirl
thatblondegirl Member Posts: 385 Member

Hi, Ladies

I was just curious…it freaked me out a little…like, where did he come from? and now he seems to have vanished. We are very close here, and are pretty adept at sniffing a “fox in the henhouse.” Pun intended! I don’t think a more apropos pun exists! 😂

So this guy, Silverfox2022…Had some “red flags”…1) he’s a GUY…so what’s he doing hanging out on the uterine board? Picture of him, bald with grey beard. And there was no evidence he was here in support of any woman in his life, 2) He posted on some ancient thread, like that originated in 2010 or 2014, and seemed not to notice or be able to see that that person hadn’t been around in years (that happens occasionally, but this was one of several red flags!), and then 3) I received a bizarre personal message from him. I don’t know him, and he seemed to come out of nowhere! His message read like this…..”When we long for life without difficulties, remind us that oaks grow strong….blah, blah, blah….God loves you.”

My guess is that the CSNSupportTeam already “took care of him.” The private message is gone from my box.

😎, Alicia

Comments

• Lyn70
    Lyn70 Member Posts: 214 Member
    Options

Alicia,

I was very suspicious of him as well. No personal message to me though. I thought initially he said he supported his wife thru cancer. I thought he might be looking for love in the wrong place. The silver fox has left the hen house!

• thatblondegirl
    Options

Thx, Lyn!

I don’t recall any mention of a wife, but his posts appear to have been removed, so we’ll never know , I guess!

Weird….I kinda got that “looking for love” vibe, too! It seemed ridiculously inappropriate! Another 🚩! Funny how our radar works, right?

❤️, A

• Harmanygroves
    Harmanygroves Member Posts: 486 Member
    Options

Creepers abound. Wow. Thanks for sharing this information.

• ConnieSW
    ConnieSW Member Posts: 1,678 Member
    Options

He did mention a wife. I believe he said she had died but I’m not 100% sure of that. Sorry you had to get an uncomfortable email from him.

• CSNSupportTeam
    CSNSupportTeam admin Posts: 201
    Options

Hi alicia2020,

I would like to sincerely apologize for the inconvenience – silverfox2022 is indeed a spammer and has been blocked. While we do have securities in place, we are not always able to catch all spam. The CSN website is a great source of online support for patients and caregivers, and I hope that this experience has not discouraged you.

Please remember to report any questionable activity directly to the CSN Support Team. This will help us to take any necessary actions as quickly as possible. You can feel confident going forward that we’ll continue to manage site violations behind the scenes so that you can enjoy your time on CSN and focus on being a valuable member of the community.

Best Regards,

Emily

CSN Support Team

• thatblondegirl
    Options

Dear Emily,

No need to apologize, but thank you!! Oh….no, it would take a whole lot more than that to scare me away! Right, Ladies? We’re a pretty tough group here on the Uterine Board!

Originally, I did consider going straight to the CSN Support Team, but I figured since he’d vanished, y’all already knew about him.

And I wanted to send out a “Head’s Up” to my sisters here!

Glad he’s gone! Thx!

😎, Alicia

• Lyn70
    Lyn70 Member Posts: 214 Member
    Options

You bet, Alicia,

Child of the 60's, strong woman and cancer fighter. It would take more than some aging silverfox's catfishing to discourage me from posting with my Sisters.

• thatblondegirl
    Options

Thanks Lyn, Deb2, and Connie!

We ARE rocks and we Rock! HahahaHahaHa!

😎, A