Newly learned I have cancer

Options
vparr
vparr Member Posts: 2 Member
edited March 2022 in Emotional Support #1

I’m wondering how to face cancer especially a rare one emotionally. I recently am aware how serious it is. I thought a Whipple Surgery was “curative” but now lymph node involvement. Is a grueling 6 month protocol worth it? I m overwhelmed and don’t know how to stop feeling terror. Vera

Comments

• Karin_S
    Karin_S Member Posts: 2 *
    Options

Hi Vera. I'm new as well. Got a pre-diagnosis yesterday of stage IV in my spine, without a clue as to the primary location. I guess I'm handling it pretty well, considering. I hope you find the answers you need. I think I'll try to find a more active cancer support site now. Take care. Karin

• whenitistimetofight
    whenitistimetofight Member Posts: 9 Member
    Options

Hi Vera,

You stated your cancer is rare. What do you have ?

• vparr
    vparr Member Posts: 2 Member
    Options

Hi Karin,

I feel way out of my comfort zone and in limbo wondering about everything. You too might be experiencing this disassociation of my "normal life" which seems to be gone. Asking who is this person I see in the mirror? I hope you too will find your best way. thanks for responding. Vera

• Karin_S
    Karin_S Member Posts: 2 *
    Options

Hi, Vera.

Yes, it’s surreal. I’m sorry to learn your lymph nodes are involved. My intention is to make the most of my remaining time, but I’m just getting started with diagnostic procedures to find the primary. I hope I don’t have to decide on any drastic time-buying procedures. But though what I have is terminal, maybe it isn’t time for you to give up on survival yet. I hope your choices become clearer soon.

Karin