COVID Testing Site

mff920
mff920 Member Posts: 6 Member
edited April 2022 in Lung Cancer #1

Hi Everyone! I have Small Cell Lung Cancer. Without going into a ton of detail, my radiation oncologist sent me to a COVID Testing Site to be tested. At the time my neutrophils were in the 800s which I'm told is "dangerouly low". However, this doctor sent me into a COVID DEN to get tested. He also wants to send me in again for a second test. The first was negative. I need 2 negatives before I'm "cleared". I plan on going to the local hospital to get the second test done. It's much safer for me in my opinion.

My question is this: Do you think this doctor is not being considerate of my well-being? I feel like he is being careless by sending me there. I no longer trust him to do what is best for me. I no longer have the faith to put my life (literally) into this mans' hands. Am I wrong or overreacting?

Please let me know what you think!

Thanks in advance!

Comments

• mff920
    mff920 Member Posts: 6 Member

Update:

I spoke with the Dr. yesterday. All issues have been cleared up. We are good to continue on the track to kill this cancer in me. BTW...I tested negative...twice!

• BB628
    BB628 Member Posts: 3 Member

I have been one to go on Gut Feeling. And 99% of out 100% my Gut Feeling has been correct. If you don't trust your doctor then you are taking a big risk with your future. Ask Questions of your doctor and his/her team. It's your right as a person who needs and wants the best care possible for the best out come possible.