Frozen gloves and socks

Options
2»

Comments

• sarimgh
    sarimgh Member Posts: 5 Member
    Options

My infusion center nurses gave me basins with bags of ice for hands & feet for chemo cycles 2-6. It made a difference. I iced a few times at home after the second and third cycles as well. Not sure you need to drop $40 on the gloves and socks, though!

• Sirpoochala
    Sirpoochala Member Posts: 1 *
    Options

Hi Citra

Did you give them away yet? Tx so much!

• Sunny5
    Sunny5 Member Posts: 147 Member
    Options

My oncologist told me that these do not work. No one offered them to me when I was having chemo. Some people think they do, so they should use them if they want to, who knows? It might help. I saw people using the coolers with ice for their feet when I was having treatments, but no one offered them to me. Now I have neuropathy in my fingers, so I'd say go for it. It's been over a year and a half since I had my last chemo. Do it's not going away. Best of luck to you ladies!

• citra393
    citra393 Member Posts: 2 Member
    Options

Yes, sorry, was able to find a taker! Wishing you all the best with your treatment.

• RocDocVic
    RocDocVic Member Posts: 90 Member
    Options

I was told to get the mittens and feet icers due to development of neuropathy. Constricted blood vessels limit chemo drugs to nerves. It apparently works on hands and feet but unknown on head with hair loss. I bought kits on Amazon plus extra gel packs. Hopefully it works. Lightly freeze/chill the nerves and blood veins to prevent entry of toxic chemo drugs.