Sad news

Options
illead
illead Member Posts: 884 Member

This is one of the saddest things I have had to do. Bill passed away Feb 11. This has been a very difficult year and a half. We have spent much of that time in Houston at MD Anderson as he relapsed 3 times. Dr Wang put him on a clinical trial that lasted 10 months and this time another trial that didn't work. He ended up in the hospital at MDA the first part of Dec. until he was put in Palliative care and finally in an inpatient hospice facility where he passed away a week later. My son and daughter-in-law from NY were with me from Jan 1 and the 3 of us flew back to CA last Monday the 14th. We have been looking at old pictures to put in a video for his Zoom memorial and I find myself falling in love with him all over again. I would like to invite you to the memorial, it will Saturday the 26th at 3 PM PST, the code is 724 662 4037, the password is 1914.

My best to you always,

Becky

Comments

• po18guy
    po18guy Member Posts: 1,466 Member
    Options

Very sad news. Prayers ascending on his behalf and that his loved ones will receive consolation in their time of sorrow.

• ShadyGuy
    ShadyGuy Member Posts: 903 Member
    Options

So sorry to hear this Becky. Stay strong.

• Max Former Hodgkins Stage 3
    Max Former Hodgkins Stage 3 Member Posts: 3,812 Member
    Options

Yes, Becky, your post was one of the saddest I ever read here. Bill was one of the great fighters, and taught everyone so much about advances against Mantle Cell. I never had the chance to speak directly to him, but he was obviously always cheerful and honest about what was going on in his body. His great faith did wonders for him,

max

• Rocquie
    Rocquie Member Posts: 869 Member
    Options

Dearest Becky, I am so very sorry to hear about the passing of your beloved husband, Bill. You two have been such an inspiration to so many of us. Especially ones with Mantle cell, to whom you very generously responded each and every time. I have personally been inspired by your strong marriage and your deep faith. I love how you talked about falling in love with Bill all over again as you looked through pictures of him over the years.

Thank you for the invitation to his memorial service. Unfortunately, I will be attending another service at that same time. I would love to see it later, if that's possible.

I am thankful that you have your faith to lead you on.

Much love,

Rocquie

• MPennin918
    MPennin918 Member Posts: 2 Member
    Options

Becky,

Words cannot express how truly heartbroken I was to hear of Bill’s passing. You both have been such an inspiration to Rick and I in our journey and we are truly thankful to have been blessed with your guidance. May your happy memories carry you through this most difficult time. Sending much love to you and your family.

Mary

• Evarista
    Evarista Member Posts: 336 Member
    Options

Dear Becky,

So deeply grieved to hear of your loss. You have been a rock-star in caring for Bill and for being here for me and others over these last many years. Your strength kept me strong. All the best and warm thoughts,

-Evarista

• PBL
    PBL Member Posts: 366 Member
    Options

Becky, I am so very sorry to read your news. Yours has been a long battle at Bill's side, and you have always found the time and strength to be there and share your wealth of knowledge with others coming here with the same diagnosis. I wish you continued strength adjusting to life with the memory of Bill's presence.

Kind regards,

PBL

• peanut butter
    peanut butter Member Posts: 30 Member
    Options

So sorry to hear this.

• Sandy Ray
    Sandy Ray Member Posts: 144 Member
    Options

So sorry I have not been on the site for a while. Praying for you and so sorry for your loss.

• illead
    illead Member Posts: 884 Member
    Options

Hello dear friends,

I just reread all of your comments and they once again touched my heart greatly, they are so beautiful, kind, and truly comforting. I thank you all for the support you have given me through all these years. You have been with Bill and me through all of this and I have always shared your thoughts with him, he knew who you all were. I count as very special the bond that we all have, including so many who have posted in the past.

I am doing OK, I try to stay focused on the fact that he suffered so much in the last year and a half or more and now he is at peace. And yes, my faith sustains me. I truly believe that just as Jesus was reunited with his friend Lazarus after he resurrected him, Bill and I will be reunited when he is resurrected. I have no doubt that will be soon.

Please be assured of my deepest gratitude for your comfort and support. I will continue to be on the forum.

My love to you all,

Becky

• sick brother
    sick brother Member Posts: 3 Member
    Options

Becky,

I am so sorry to hear this! From what you had shared, Bill seemed like a truly special man. I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers.

• PeprmntPat55
    PeprmntPat55 Member Posts: 70 Member
    Options

I'm so very, very sorry to hear this. While you and I may not have interacted much here on the board, I read all of your posts whenever I was on.

Please know my prayers are with you all during this difficult time.

Pat