What type/stage do you all have?

Options
minicoops
minicoops Member Posts: 21 Member
edited March 2022 in Breast Cancer #1

I always like meeting people with similar stage/type to me. I figure this post can help others meet people like them. Feel free to tell your story (about diagnosis) as well.

I have stage 2b (one doctor did say 3b) triple negative regional ductal breast cancer. I'm on 6 out of 28 treatments of chemo and will have chemo, surgery, then radiation. I know I'll be able to beat this and know that my cancer already shrunk! 😊

I was in the shower one day and found a lump. Had hubby check it out and it was a lump. It looked kind of strange and I went to my primary care within the week. She got me into an ultraasound/mammogram in which came back as birad category 5. I got a biopsy and it came back cancerous. I'm thankful to be close to a great cancer hospital. 😊

Comments

• pizzamom
    pizzamom Member Posts: 2 Member
    Options

Luckily they know what they are doing know! Good luck , you will be fine! I had stage 1 and 2 in both breasts. Went for double mastectomy with diep reconstruction. Now I am a poster child for mammograms!

• raybsmith
    raybsmith Member Posts: 8 Member
    Options

Hi Everyone!

I was diagnosed with stage 1 ER/PR+ Her2- breast cancer. Had a routine mammogram, called back for another, then ultrasound, then biopsy, then surgery. clear lymph nodes and margins. No chemo, just radiation. Zoladex and Arimidex for 5+ years. No complaints, just glad to be alive.

• pizzamom
    pizzamom Member Posts: 2 Member
    Options

Sounds like mine, counting my blessings . No radiation or chemo just Letrozole for 10 yrs.

• figueroagris
    figueroagris Member Posts: 1 Member
    Options

Hello I’m new on here looking for people that understand my situation i was diagnosed at age 29 just like you, back in may 2021. Triple negative breast cancer stage 2. Underwent 6 rounds of chemo doing immunotherapy and then had a double mastectomy on October. Now on my 21 radiation almost done need 7 more to go.

• minicoops
    minicoops Member Posts: 21 Member
    Options

I just saw your post. We have a similar diagnosis at age 29 (Triple Negative), stage 2(b), although I'm doing more rounds (like 28 or so) of chemo probably because mine is regional. I have not had my surgery yet but I have the option between lumpectomy and double mastectomy, and I'm not sure which to do. I wish you luck on on the radiation and maybe you're down to 6 or 5 radiation now! Sounds like you are almost done!! I found out my cancer is genetic. Have you done genetic testing?

I'm willing to private message if you'd like. Sending you hopeful vibes.

And to the rest, I hope I was able to bring you connections of people similar to your diagnosis or some hope that it will be okay. Sending everyone hopeful prayers ❤️

• joanneP
    joanneP Member Posts: 3 Member
    Options

Hi there. Your diagnosis sounds similar to mine. I also found the lump. Had a lumpectomy 2 weeks ago. See the oncologist on Thursday. Turned out through the biopsy of the margins I have LCIS. Lobular Carcinoma in situ. This is an uncommon condition with the odds being cancer can come back. Anyone else have this?

• catlady2
    catlady2 Member Posts: 50 Member
    Options

I looked up Lobular Carcinoma In Situ. The in situ part means that is did not spread anywhere and is "in place". Did they tell you the visit to oncologist is for chemotherapy or some sort of preventative therapy? I remember reading that Tom Hank's wife Rita Wilson was diagnosed with the same thing a few years ago/

"Lobular carcinoma in situ (LCIS) is an uncommon condition in which abnormal cells form in the milk glands (lobules) in the breast. LCIS isn't cancer. But being diagnosed with LCIS indicates that you have an increased risk of developing breast cancer.

LCIS usually doesn't show up on mammograms. The condition is most often discovered as a result of a breast biopsy done for another reason, such as a suspicious breast lump or an abnormal mammogram.

Women with LCIS have an increased risk of developing invasive breast cancer in either breast. If you're diagnosed with LCIS, your doctor may recommend increased breast cancer screening and may ask you to consider medical treatments to reduce your risk of developing invasive breast cancer."

Best Wishes!

• joanneP
    joanneP Member Posts: 3 Member
    Options

this was all explained to me. Seeing oncologist to confirm my treatment plan of radiation and hormonal therapy. Right now the cancer is out of my body. But this recent diagnosis knocked me for a loop.