Back home from surgery!

Options
Kaleena
Kaleena Member Posts: 2,088 Member
edited February 2022 in Uterine/Endometrial Cancer #1

Hi All:

Well my surgery went well. Unfortunately they were unable to do it laparoscopically due to how much scar tissue I had so they had to do an incision. It is higher up that my previous ones. They removed scar tissue and also removed a piece of my small bowel which seemed to have been stuck which may have been causing me problems. Anyway, I was in ICU for several days (I don’t know why but I believe they said all surgery patients went there). I had an NG tube in for 3 days. I was in the hospital for a week. I get my staples out on the 24th. There are about 30 staples. Then hopefully I can go to work on the 28th. I was in longer in the hospital because my bowels had a hard time waking up even though I was walking the halls. One whole week.

Still eating very lightly as my system is still adjusting. Good news is that there was no cancer found! Thank you for all the well wishes!

My best to everyone. I hope everyone is feeling good.

Kathy

Comments

• icart56
    icart56 Member Posts: 5 Member
    Options

Glad you are home from surgery. Congratulations that no cancer found! Awesome

• Tamlen
    Tamlen Member Posts: 343 Member
    Options

That's awesome news, Kaleena - no cancer found! Sorry to hear it was a bit of a long slog in the hospital, and glad you're home and doing well. Please keep us posted.

• TeddyandBears_Mom
    TeddyandBears_Mom Member Posts: 1,811 Member
    Options

Hey Kathy, Your end result is THE BEST NEWS EVER!

So glad you are back home and feeling better. And, thanks for letting us know.

Love and Hugs,

Cindi

• Lyn70
    Lyn70 Member Posts: 214 Member
    Options

Kathy,

Such Truly WONDERFUL news from you! What a long road to healing. Let's Celebrate! Now, you can breathe easier and gain strength before returning to work.

• cmb
    cmb Member Posts: 1,001 Member
    Options

Kathy,

I'm glad to hear that you're back home and recovering from your surgery, even if you had to spend extra time in the hospital. I hope that removing the scar tissue and the "stuck" bowl piece relieves the issues you were having. And the "no cancer" news is the best of all.

I continue to be awestruck by the number of surgeries and procedures you've had done over the years. And that you're able to get back on your feet and keep working is just remarkable to me. The term "warrior" gets used here occasionally, but in my opinion, you're the true definition of a "warrior!"

• BluebirdOne
    BluebirdOne Member Posts: 656 Member
    Options

Kathy,

Glad to hear the news of going home after a successful surgery. You give all of us inspiration and I am so glad that you continue to come back to let us know how you are doing.

xxoo

Denise

• Fridays Child
    Fridays Child Member Posts: 277 Member
    Options

Congratulations on a successful surgery! Take your time and heal up.

• Harmanygroves
    Harmanygroves Member Posts: 486 Member
    Options

Kathy - I'm so glad that you are healing up, and your tone is optimistic, which does take a bit of focus! Congratulations!

If you can avoid work for a bit longer, I recommend it---if you can't, get an instructional assistant (or an extra one).

Hugs

Deb

• thatblondegirl
    thatblondegirl Member Posts: 384 Member
    Options

Oh, Kathy! That’s wonderful news that there was no cancer! How awful to have to go through so much in the hospital, but thrilled that this will allow you to feel better!

cmb is right! You are Ms. Warrior!

❤️, Alicia

• NoTimeForCancer
    NoTimeForCancer Member Posts: 3,371 Member
    Options

Kathy, so thrilled to hear things went well. Keep moving and please let us know on your recovery. Hugs.