Avastin

Options
rvgirl
rvgirl Member Posts: 10 Member
edited February 2022 in Uterine/Endometrial Cancer #1

After surgery, chemo. radiation, keutruda, I am now on avastin. Anyone else on this path?

Comments

• Dak82
    Dak82 Member Posts: 109 Member
    Options

Hi RVgirl,

I haven’t had exactly the same experience you have have had but I just found out this week that my cancer spread during dostarlimab treatment. So I will have to to go to something else. Will keep you updated.

Deb1

• Afoste3
    Afoste3 Member Posts: 39 Member
    Options

Hi Deb1,

I'm so sorry to hear the dostarlimab didn't work as well as you'd hoped. I know from prior posts you've had your tumor analyzed--is it estrogen or progesterone receptor positive and do you have amplification or mutation on any of the CCND genes? My mom's tumor is CCND1 amplified and because of that (along with ER+ status) she is trying a CDK 4/6 inhibitor called Ibrance. There are three different kinds of drugs (Ibrance, Kisqali and Verzenio) and they have shown promising results in many types of cancer. So far it is much easier to handle than chemo. The one "problem" is it takes a few months to see if it's working, so there isn't an immediate effect like a chemo that works. Not sure if this is something for you to consider trying.

RVgirl I'm sorry to have "hijacked" your topic! My mom has not tried Avastin. But I'm sure any ladies that have tried it will share once they see your post. Good luck with this next round of treatment.

Anne-Marie