Hi, new here

Options
hartnsole
hartnsole Member Posts: 4 Member
edited April 2022 in Breast Cancer #1

Hi everyone!

I'm new to the boards and decided to introduce myself. I am 41 years old, single parent and diagnosed with Stage 3 cancer on 1/24. The cancer has spread to a lymph node under my left arm and is in my left breast. I am not sure of the final and full diagnosis with the "type", because they are still running the remaining labs and I haven't spoken to anyone since the initial doctor called to tell me it was cancer after my biopsy. I do know from reading the pathology report that it appears as though I'm estrogen positive and progesterone negative. I can't tell from the report if I am positive or negative for HER2, but it states "Equivocal for over expression, score 2+" which google says is positive. The report also states confirmatory testing for Her 2 is being performed and the results will be sent in a different repot (which I don't see yet). There have been no tests yet to see if it has spread beyond my lymph node, but I'm praying that it has not. I'm expecting a call today from someone at the hospital since the updated results came in yesterday evening. The lump in my breast is still slightly store after the FNA and it feels slightly bigger. I don't know if this is normal, so I plan on asking today.

How I'm feeling:

Numb partially, but scared and optimistic at the same time. I don't know if I should get a second opinion yet or just go with my current hospital group. I don't know if I have time to get a second opinion or when I should take time off from work. I actually asked for a week off just to process everything. I don't have a strong support system, so I'm concerned about what should happen to my son (13) if I were no longer around. I'm a bit scared about the surgery and chemo and if it's too far gone for me to hope to be cured and live a long healthy life. At the same time I know remaining positive can do wonders for your outcome. I find myself being overly critical of everything in my body now. I came to the boards hoping for some advice and maybe just to vent sometimes. I'm hoping to find a network of people who can provide some peace during and after this process since there are not many I can turn to in person to do so.

I know that was a long intro, but thanks to any of you who read it all. Any tips and guidance would be appreciated!

Comments