Remaining kidney

Options
24ets
24ets Member Posts: 3 Member
edited February 2022 in Kidney Cancer #1

Remaining kidney “Developing mild complexity Within an exophytic 11mm left renal upper pole lesion and within the lobulated approximately 2 by 1.3 cm left renal interpolar lesion” please advise scared and very worried. 3/2021 right kidney radical neph by robotic chest pelvis abdomen ct scan clear.

Comments

• eug91
    eug91 Member Posts: 471 Member
    Options

Unfortunately, I don't have an answer - such an explanation is above my pay grade - but hopefully by now you've been able to get a hold of your doctor and gotten an explanation.

Fingers crossed for you.

• stub1969
    stub1969 Member Posts: 966 Member
    Options

I think there are a lot of options on the table for you at this point, 24ets. The best part of this is they caught it early, which opens more options than if you hadn't followed up with your scan schedule. I would suggest you send a PM to medic1971. He has experience with lesions on both kidneys and can give you his perspective based on his experience.

Wishing you only the best!

Stub

• 24ets
    Options

Hi stub1969 thank you so much for the reply I just felt alone and needed to share what I’m going through and at the same time gain knowledge on how to navigate this disease.

• 24ets
    Options

Hi eug91 I will have my creatinine level check so I can have ct scan to check my remaining kidney.

• Deanie0916
    Deanie0916 Member Posts: 616 Member
    Options

Hope you get good news and strategies going forward.

• misterace
    misterace Member Posts: 37 Member
    Options

2 thoughts:

1. The smart patients forum may be very helpful to you, they've seen it all.
    2. Although it sucks, Local recurrence is much preferable to distant recurrence - and much more easily treatable with a good prognosis. They have technology to do a "whack a mole" approach on those tiny tumors as they pop up, so finding a uro-onc that is proficient and confident with ":Radiofrequency Ablation" and do a consult if you can.