Any tips on preparing for pelvic radiation?

Options

I’m starting 5 1/2weeks IMRT next week. Any tips on what I should do now? Should I start eating less fiber? Should I exercise/stretch or no? My doctor office doesn’t give diet info until first treatment so I don’t know if so should pre-make soup or what to have in the house. Should I have any creams or any OTC meds? Any tips?

I was diagnosed with endometrium Grade 1, StageIIIA because it traveled to my Fallopian tube. No lymph node involvement and only 1mm invasion. Full hysterectomy End of November. Was going to start radiation this week but a positive Covid test (with no symptoms) delayed it until next week! I have time to prepare.

Comments

• llong0505
    llong0505 Member Posts: 4 *
    Options

Hi Cindy, due to recurrent vaginal cancer I had a TPE in June 2021. It's no joke, prepare yourself for that. I came out with two ostomies and that has been an adjustment. I don't believe there is any pre work to do, just be sure to have strong support when you come home. I wish you all the best. Feel free to reach out to me ant any time, I'd be glad to help if I can.

Lisa

• llong0505
    llong0505 Member Posts: 4 *
    Options

I'm sorry, miss read your question. I also had pelvic radiation prior to my TPE. I didn't have any remarkable side effects from the radiation, hopefully you are finding the same. If I can help you in any way please reach out.