Signet ring cell stage IV colon cancer

Options
Marlin4918_
Marlin4918_ Member Posts: 4 Member
edited February 2022 in Colorectal Cancer #1

Hi...new to group. Recently diagnosed and started chemo pills and have had 2 infusion treatments. Had a severe reaction and doctors are unsure if it is Shingles or a reaction to the medications? Very painful, but is now starting to clear up. Stopped all medications but am due to start chemo pills again today (holding off on infusions for now). Has anyone experienced similar reactions? Oncologist says that the treatment that I am on is the only treatment for my cancer type. So if I have another reaction, I am not sure where to go nexxt. Starting to work with a Naturopathic doctor to hopefully assist with some of the side effects. Signet ring is evidently rare so I am wondering if anyone else has this diagnosis or knows of others.

Comments

• marbleotis
    marbleotis Member Posts: 720 Member
    Options

Hello and welcome.

I was diagnosed with Stage 3 signet cell colon cancer in 2012. In two weeks I celebrate my 10 year NED!

I had an allergic reaction during chemo to the alteplase (what they used to flush the port), other wise I was lucky.

And you are correct that signet cell is rare - I was told exactly the same, but the way I thought about it is cancer is cancer and I would take it one step at a time.

Best to you.

• Marlin4918_
    Options

Well thank you for the encouragement. I don't have the port and am taking the pills (which I understand works the same). I have read that because the immune system is compromised due to the medications that contracting shingles is not uncommon. Hoping that is what the reaction was from. How long did you do treatments and do you know what meds were used? Did you have any surgery? Any help woud be greatly appreciated.

• marbleotis
    Options

Hi marlin4918

i had the colon removal surgery for the ascending side of the colon then 6 months of 5 FU plus Oxicilplatin (spelling)? Check out my profile with my journey and all the many details from the last 10 years.

All my best

marbleotis

• marbleotis
    Options

Hi Marlin4918.

I had 12 rounds of 5fu/oxciliplatin (spelling?) after the ascending side colon removal surgery. Check out my bio for details

• Marlin4918_
    Options

I was not able to locate your bio??? Where do I access it?