Prostrate cancer PSA

Options
2Β»

Comments

• VascodaGama
    VascodaGama Member Posts: 3,649 Member
    Options

πŸ˜„πŸ˜„

Yes that is right. Let's hope for a treatment without any event or incident worth noting.

Best

VG

• Stephens1961
    Stephens1961 Member Posts: 15 Member
    Options

I completed radiation May 12, I continued to have lower bowl inflammation during the treatments with relief from over the counter drugs. My second shot of Lupron was on May 25. I was informed that during my next Lupron shot is 90 days they will draw for my first PSA since starting this path.

• Old Salt
    Old Salt Member Posts: 1,323 Member
    edited June 2022 #24
    Options

I fervently hope that the docs were correct with their hypothesis.

• Stephens1961
    Options

My PSA results after 3 months of treatments <0.1 PSA

and <0.01 free PSA. I think I made the right decision for treatment. Have to meet with both teams soon.

Lupron was stopped after 6 months waiting on testosterone levels.

still fighting the good fight

• Richard61950
    Richard61950 Member Posts: 2 Member
    Options

what stage cancer

• Stephens1961
    Options

Stage 2 with positive margins

• Stephens1961
    Options

My PSA after 9 months is <0.03 total.

Meet with urologist next week to cover my numbers. I am not cured but am cautiously confident. The radiation treatment and Lupron effects still linger on but able to do many things I could before the surgery as well. Urination is doing well as long as I am only drinking water, no coffee or a cold beer or soda. I do take a bladder spasm drug daily. Keep fighting the good fight others have larger battles.

• Old Salt
    edited April 2023 #29
    Options

Looking good; hoping for more such (low) scores in the future.

• VascodaGama
    VascodaGama Member Posts: 3,649 Member
    Options

Hi again,

Moraly speaking, it is nice seeing the numbers as low as undetectable, but low PSA is expected to occur due to the biochemical castration effects of the Lupron.

You need to confirm the levels of the testosterone to "validade" any level of the PSA when using this marker to check successes. T should be higher than 250 ng/dL.

I wonder why did your doctor test the free PSA. It has no practical meaning in guys without a gland in place.

Great to hear that the side effects are subsiding. It all gets better once T increases. Your newer you has almost "arrived".

Best of lucks in your journey.

VG

• Stephens1961
    Options

My most recent PSA Oct 2, 2023 was again <0.03 my/ml , I will continue with my urologist and a testing cycle of every 6 months until I hit 2 years from the salvage proton treatment. I can not say that I am cancer free but for know I am in a remission.

Don’t let the old man in.

• Old Salt
    Options

Great report.

Thanks for posting.