I am a survivor

JamieK30
JamieK30 Member Posts: 1 Member

I survived stage 3 colon cancer. It has been almost 5 years. I know that the answer is probably no but are there any programs in place to help cancer patients/survivors find affordable housing? I am currently renting a room. I am struggling because I have to pay for a storage unit since I do not have enough room for all of my belongings. I am told that since I am a single male I do not qualify for housing or section 8.

Comments

• Capox Dude
    Capox Dude Member Posts: 122 Member

I don’t. But I did live through Katrina. And that taught me that despite good intensions, govt often fails on micro level problems like yours. Now, they did a bang up job on the new levee system (billions should do that). Yaknow who DID do a great job? Thousands of local churches. Mormon crews cut the fallen trees in my Baptist mother in law’s yard. Hundreds of different groups slept at my Presbyterian church while demolishing flood damage. They neither tried to convert anyone, nor did they cause non-believer’s to feel bad. Reach out to local churches. Somebody may have an empty room or know who needs a house sitter. Good luck!