new format

I can say at this point that I much prefer the old format of this website much better. I just think for me the old format was much easier to use and easier to follow everyone's journeys. I find myself not visiting the site nearly as much as I used to because of not liking the new format. I have been on this site since 06/18.

What do others think that have been on this site for awhile?

Regards,

Rick

Comments

• Larry449
    Larry449 Member Posts: 51 Member

I’ve only been on since August of last year but yeah, the former format was easier to navigate. I’m getting used to it now but I particularly don’t like the fact you can no longer do a “cancer specific” search. Being new to the forum, I frequently did a search before posting a question. Now when you do a search for something specific, it brings results from all across the board..

• CSNSupportTeam
    CSNSupportTeam admin Posts: 219
    edited January 2022 #3

Thank you for your feedback, Larry449. You can filter your results by a specific cancer type if you select Discussions after you get the search results. When you select Discussions, a Category section will appear under Filter Results (on the right-hand side):

That should allow you to filter the results by cancer type. We hope that is helpful. *Note, you cannot search within a discussion board.

Thank you again for your input.

*Edited for clarification.

• Larry449
    Larry449 Member Posts: 51 Member

Thank you. However when I first posed this question I got the following message, dated 12/20:

My name is Anne and I am a member of the CSN website support team. Thank you for your question. I'm sorry for the inconvenience, but there is no longer a way to search within a specific discussion board anymore. 

I assume this filter has been added since

• CSNSupportTeam

Hi Larry449,

My name is Emily, I'm with the CSN Support Team. I am not sure if the original question was misunderstood or if we made a mistake. Please be patient with us as we are also learning the new site.

I am going to edit the original comment so that it won't confuse others.

We appreciate the continued feedback,

Emily

• ERomanO
    ERomanO Member Posts: 323 Member

I don't have any issues with the format. I haven't done many searches lately, but using the filter, per CSNSupportTeam's comment above works well. The text box for adding comments works much better than the old format. I'm using an iMac, so it's possible that may have had something to do with it.

• Mikemetz
    Mikemetz Member Posts: 465 Member

It would help a lot if they would date the original post in the header--not just the most recent one. Some of these original posts are very old. It would also help if they sorted the post in HNC by the most recent date.

• CSNSupportTeam

Hi Mikemetz,

Thanks for sharing your feedback with us. Currently, we are not able to add that feature, but we will keep it in mind for possible updates in the future.

Best,

Ken

CSN Support Team

• CivilMatt
    CivilMatt Member Posts: 4,724 Member

Good morning/afternoon ricksmithgolfer,

I have read your “new format” thread here-in. Then, using the “new format” I traveled over to your page to view your profile and I checked out your 13 topics and 67 comments, to date. You have put up some very good threads with information pertinent to members (especially new members) and I would like to read and see you put up more.

I have found the current search function of the “new format” to be very good for my type of searches, I have been able to located important threads, I did not think I would ever see again. Finding member names to PM them could not be any easier. I simply hit the new message key and type a few letters of their name and bam their name pops up. and being able to send multiple members the same PM is fantastic. I have tried out he group PM function and it worked great.

Believe me, I know very much (and very little) about the “new format”. It has been a challenge for me, for two main reasons:

1. The limit to size of the thread you are uploading.
    2. The word processing program the “new format” uses.

While, these two issues mean very little to the everyday H&N member, they are similar in that they are problems and after a few consultations with the CSN support staff, I was able to put up a pretty good ROLL CALL 2022.

While I am here, I would be remiss to not invite you to become today’s newest member of the roll call. I checked and you are not on my meet & greet list, but I wish you were. I am here to offer you a place-at-our-table situated between Revbyrd and Roar on the members list. I have also enclosed a sneak peek at how your name would look on the list, if you asked to be enrolled today.

Remington25 from North Dakota. Joined the H&N forum on December 2020. Enrolled in the Roll Call on September 14, 2021. I was diagnosed with SCC HPV16+ in October 2020. On 11/18 I had radical neck dissection and then began chemo and radiation on 12/28/2020. My first follow-up PET scan was 4/15 and was NED. I have a second scan in October.  

Revbyrd (?). Joined forum December 2013, enrolled January 6, 2013. Had sore throat for 8 years and DX’d October 2013 with stage 4, SCC right tonsil and 2 lymph nodes. Undergoing radiation and chemo at time of enrollment. Doing okay.

ricksmithgolfer from USA. Joined the forum July 2018, Enrolled in the Roll Call January 2022. Married for 48 years to the best wife and caretaker to walk this world.

Roar (?). Joined forum March 2013, enrolled May 19, 2013. DX’d unknown primary. 37 cisplatin partial neck dissection.

robswife87 (Caregiver). joined forum March 2013, enrolled March 8, 2013. Wife enrolled husband DX’d SCC left tonsil, 4 lymph nodes, 2 on other side. Undergoing treatment at time of enrollment. Checking in Jan 21, 2014 husband is doing great! Haven't been on in a while. Computer is down. He is 7 months out of treatment and doing well. 50 percent saliva taste is coming g along. Got back in his semi this week and heading to Florida tomorrow. He

ricksmithgolfer please be fair to yourself and the H&N forum and give the new format a chance to grow-on-you as you learn how to make it work with you. It is what it is, the CSN support staff have been instrumental to getting the revised roll call back on line AND if you have seen the new note on our Home Page, they are going to extend the edit window to a month, which is far greater than the 1 hour we started with.

See you around. I am going out to our shop and finish the new bird feeder bottom I have been working on.

CivilMatt