New blood test for cancer

Options
Forherself
Forherself Member Posts: 966 Member

This sounds like really good news. It has a very high accuracy. https://www.medscape.com/viewarticle/966130?src=soc_fb_220106_mscpedt_news_mdscp_bloodtest&faf=1

Comments

• Harmanygroves
    Harmanygroves Member Posts: 486 Member
    Options

Thanks for sharing this!

• BluebirdOne
    BluebirdOne Member Posts: 656 Member
    Options

This is so exciting! The possibilities to catch cancer in it's earliest stages will help so many people.

xxoo

Denise

• coletsiona
    coletsiona Member Posts: 1 *
    Options

Wow, this is incredible news. This would contribute to the rescue of many people who were unaware of their health situation. The need for phlebotomists will skyrocket as a result of technological advancement. I mean, I wouldn't be shocked if there weren't enough people to do the job. But it's not unreal since there are so many options, especially when a phlebotomy technician course costs from $700 to $1,400. As a result, it's wonderful that so many people will have the opportunity to be healthy.

• thatblondegirl
    thatblondegirl Member Posts: 383 Member
    Options

Wow, that IS good news! Thanks for sharing, Forherself!

I wonder how long it will be until there’s been enough research and data collection to make this widely available? My greatest fear is that if I have a recurrence I’ll be Stage III or IV before I have symptoms. And as y’all heard me complain previously, for me, that CA125 is useless except as a severe anxiety producer!

😎, A

• TeamT
    TeamT Member Posts: 30 Member
    Options

That sounds like a potentially wonderful development!!!