NEED HELP RE CA 125 Blood Test

Options
mamist
mamist Member Posts: 4 Member

on Dec 2021, my primary ran routine bloodwork and included a CA 125. My mom, now 88, had OC when she was 75 so Dr decided to run test. It came back elevated at 83. I went to my GYN and he did a pelvic exam and vaginal ultrasound and advised me I had 2 small cysts that didn’t concern him but he referred me to an oncologist for further follow up. Went on 1/9/22. Oncologist did a pelvic exam and said that he felt no mass. Btw, I feel perfectly fine. He repeated the CA 125 and now it’s at 79 He is repeating the vaginal ultrasound this Monday and will discuss results with me on 10/13 I’m obviously nervous about this Can anyone give me a heads up of what “you think” I should expect I know it’s a shot in the dark but looking for advice There is no history of breast or ovarian cancer in the family other than mom … and she’s been cancer free for 18 years

Comments

• mjacoby
    mjacoby Member Posts: 6 Member
    Options

Hi Mamist,

I am glad that you feel well. I was diagnosed with a mass on my R ovary and uterus back in May. At that time my CA-125 was 205. There was no history of breast or gyn cancer in my family. Make sure you have a gyn onc. They know what they are doing. Try and take it slow and don't get ahead of things. Are they planning to do a CT scan?

mj

• mamist
    Options

I’m just saw oncologist last week and I have to get another transvaginal ultrasound on Monday. I have an appointment with him on 1/13 to discuss findings. After reading many of the comments here, I’m guessing that he may order one. I’m at the very beginning of this. Thank you for responding! It’s really hard not to have your mind coming up with scenarios.

• mjacoby
    mjacoby Member Posts: 6 Member
    Options

I have the same problem with thinking about things. It was much worse at the beginning for me but it has gotten better with time. We all have our good days and our not so good days. I would encourage you to read as much as you can. It is a lot to try to take in. There is good support here. The uterine board is more active. I know some people pop between the two.

• mamist
    Options

Thank you so much for the information. Yes, our minds don't stop wondering. I hope you are doing well! That's the important thing. I will definitely look at the link you sent me. Thank you again!!!!