My Anniversary

Logan51
Logan51 Member Posts: 464 Member

Today, 12/30/2021 marks my 13th year as a stage-3 NPC Survivor! Another Poster let me know about an article he read and showed me where the day you are told the Biopsy came back Positive is the day that starts Survivorship, and for me it was 12/30/2008, of course. No reoccurrence, because the Local Locos C & R Drs. unloaded all their ammo on me during tx, I figure😁. In retrospect, even being FT-dependent for the last 28 months due to collateral damage to the esophagus and the $13+-K out of pocket dental work, I'm glad they did. My quality of life is still acceptable as-is, just a matter of getting used to the new normal, and I never let my mind become an obstacle to dealing with anything new. My avatar, by the way, is pre-Old Norse ancient Runic that says "Come what May."

Hoping you all can make it as long as I have, and truly am saddened by the Ones on the Forum over the years that did not.

Comments

• wbcgaruss
    wbcgaruss Member Posts: 2,273 Member

Logan, I want to congratulate you for the fighter you are and getting 13 post-treatment years under your belt.

You have managed to deal with the new normal even though you would rather not have to.

Ans as the Runic saying you show says "Come What May" we can't control what happens to us as we go along in life but it is how we deal with it that matters and you have done the best you can.

Wishing you many more cancer-free anniversaries and clear scans ahead.

Wishing you the best-Take care-God Bless-Russ

• big G
    big G Member Posts: 176 Member

Logan, congrats on your 13 years and making the most of it. Dealing with adversity defines you and you rose above.

Wishing you many more years and Happy New Year!

• Stephie75
    Stephie75 Member Posts: 185 Member
    edited December 2021 #4

Logan,

When I've talked to you before I've wondered what your avatar meant. When I first read this, I learned what it meant. Thanks for letting us know. Thanks Big G for what you've added above that. Yes, 13 years you've made the most with the cards you were dealt, and it sounds like you have risen above that.

You've had a clean scan for 13 years now, and that makes me feel really AWESOME for YOU and for everyone else as well!

I do hope you have more happy days than not :) I hope that you have a better 2022 than 2021 and the days just keep getting and better to a more than "just acceptable" day and month and year! I'm going to start doing Yoga, I've read it's one of the best things for H&N cancer patients. Anythings worth a shot, right?

As they say, keep dancing, or learn how!

Steph

• Logan51
    Logan51 Member Posts: 464 Member

Thank you Russ, big G and Steph for the compliments. Means a lot to me. 13 down, so now I can say I'm in my 14th year, and the calendar on my wall will be for 2022!

My hopes and Prayers are with you, and everyone on the Forum,so that down the road we can all look back and sing a Sinatra in regards to 2022, "It was a very good year."