Site is in Stage 4

Options
Max Former Hodgkins Stage 3
Max Former Hodgkins Stage 3 Member Posts: 3,813 Member
edited March 2022 in Prostate Cancer #1

I find the 'new' Discussion Boards format unfathomable and unusable. I was using what appears to be identically formatted blog software over a dozen years ago at a religious site; apparently, CSN bought this 'off the shelf.' It is a move backward. The Lymphoma board has been essentially dead sine the new format arrived. I am in PM contact with several of the most frequent posters and they have all agreed that the new look is a disaster. I am not 'quitting,' but if you wish to speak specifically with me, I suggest you use the PM feature. Maybe CSN will rethink this mistake.

Comments

• Josephg
    Josephg Member Posts: 391 Member
    edited December 2021 #2
    Options

I am in full agreement.

Other than the addition of spellcheck (thank you for that!), I see no other improvements to this site's new format. You can take the 'like' and 'care' additions and throw them in the trash, as I have not traditionally viewed this Board as 'social media'. And, I do not need, nor do I want, incoming emails telling me that somebody made a new post to the Board.

And having only 60 minutes to make an edit to your post is ridiculous, since to opportunity to make edits, or an important update, is critical on a Board like this, as getting information correct and up to date is essential to other members who come to this Board looking for information on this deadly disease.

I am rapidly losing interest in this Board with its new format, and that is unfortunate.

• Old Salt
    Old Salt Member Posts: 1,345 Member
    Options

I like the current format better than the prior one (which was pretty awful by today's standards). The board looks OK on my iPhone as well.

• Old Salt
    Options

If you don't want E-mails about threads that you have responded to, this 'feature' can be turned off:

Go to Profile (upper right-hand corner), then hit Edit Profile, then make the changes in Notification Preferences.

• Old Salt
    Options

If you don't want to get E-mails about threads that you have responded to, this feature can be turned off:

Go to Profile (upper right-hand corner), then hit Edit Profile, then make changes in Notification Preferences.

• VascodaGama
    VascodaGama Member Posts: 3,662 Member
    edited February 2022 #6
    Options

Well, I agree that the old format was more practical than this new one. It was more appealing to the viewer and it displayed more information in one go. However this one resolves the problem of the old format in regards to writing or pasting clips from word processors. It also displays/lists threads and participation posted by member.

Now, is there still the member's e-mail capability?

šŸ¤”

• lighterwood67
    lighterwood67 Member Posts: 381 Member
    Options

Look if my in-laws (one is 90 the other 94) can learn how to use an Amazon Firestick and the app Hulu on it. My gut feeling is that I can learn to do anything. I am doing alright with the new CSN software. At first I was concerned, but the more I use it, I am adapting to it.

• RobLee
    RobLee Member Posts: 269 Member
    Options

It's different, that's for sure. I haven't looked around enough to form an opinion, but will probably not bother learning all the ins and outs of the new one. I don't post or even visit much anymore, as I've been NED for four years now (hurray) but it's also been four years since my last Lupron shot and my testosterone is still at castrate level. Looks like it won't be coming back šŸ˜•

Great to see many of the old names are still here! šŸ˜