Back and leg pain after radical nephrectomy

Options
Selena_A
Selena_A Member Posts: 4 Member

I'm 3 months post right radical nephrectomy and I'm having some severe back and leg pain, can anyone please tell me if this is normal?

Comments

• Mmoses25
    Mmoses25 Member Posts: 321 Member
    Options

Sorry you had to join group but can you tell me how big was your tumor and what stage you were I’m sorry your having pain I never had no pain in my back after surgery but you should call your doctor today and let him know

• Bay Area Guy
    Bay Area Guy Member Posts: 618 Member
    Options

I had a right partial by robotic surgery. I had some shoulder pain (because of the gas used in the surgery) and some hip pain for about six months, but nothing like what you’re reporting. What to the docs say?

• Selena_A
    Options

I had a 3.5 cm mass not large at all but it was near my spine on the bottom of my kidney and I was recently hit by a tractor trailer so I already have permanent whiplash and a spinal injury, was still able to walk just chronic neck and back pain. I was feeling like I was healing pretty good and then Friday night, Christmas Eve something happened and I started having severe pain in my lower back and down my legs and now from my lower back down my legs feels like my muscles are stretched out like a rubber band and I can't walk without a cane. I called my doctor's office several times today but I didn't get a return call yet and I don't know what's happening to me. I don't know if this is a sign of an infection of some kind but I'm going to have my son take me to the office tomorrow.

• Mmoses25
    Mmoses25 Member Posts: 321 Member
    Options

It sounds like a pinch nerve go see the the doctor keep us updated

• AliceB1950
    AliceB1950 Member Posts: 238 Member
    Options

It sounds like it's less related to the surgery and more from your injury.

• Selena_A
    Options

Well turns out my WBC and platelet count are low so they're going to call me back with an appointment to look for more cancer. It's really hard not having insurance. I have to depend on a local charity to help me get care, while I was in the hospital the first time in July my job let me go bc they said I didn't have any medical leave available and my disability hasn't been approved yet so that I can get Medicaid. Please pray for me all this is really taking a toll on my mental health and I just really want to live to see my children have their children. I'm not going to lie I'm a little scared bc it was on my kidney right near my spine. Thanks for everyone that commented to help me.