My Treatment Plan

Options
ozymandible
ozymandible Member Posts: 324 Member

Carboplatin IV; Fluoracil (5-fu) IV; Keytruda IV every three weeks x 6 cycles.

Time for some light reading.

Comments

• wbcgaruss
    wbcgaruss Member Posts: 2,294 Member
    Options

ozy is this for the thyroid?

• ozymandible
    Options

No. I do have a tumor in my neck though. I have also have mets in my lungs. They told me the treatment would be palliative.

• ozymandible
    Options

• wbcgaruss
    Options

Well, this seems so sudden unless I have not been paying attention.

The last thing I remember is you were having pain and some other issues but it seemed you had gotten a handle on things so I feel for you and didn't realize you had active cancer again. I have been praying for you but will change my prayers a bit. So you are in a new cancer fight stay strong and I know your medical team will take good care of you.

Wishing You The Best-Take Care-God Bless-Russ

• ProustLover
    ProustLover Member Posts: 121 Member
    Options

Thinking of you every day, Ozy. I'm hoping they've gotten you something that helps with the pain. If you were closer, I'd stop by to help with the house or do shopping. As it is, can only keep sending good energy, thoughts, and prayers.

• ozymandible
    Options

Sometimes positive thoughts or prayers go a long way. I really appreciate that. I believe in the power of prayer. I'd rather have everyone's prayers more than anything. I am so run down and worn out that I've really lapsed on my prayer time.

• wbcgaruss
    edited December 2021 #8
    Options

ozy I know how you feel about being run down and washed out and worn out and I never could have imagined I would be in that position, after all, things like this happen to other people, not to me and you only read about these things in magazines like readers digest nobody I know has ever gone through something like that. Here is something you may like and a little story of my hospital stay in 2019 is at the end of the write-up.

Ashley Duncan WJLC Harvest Hour

I have recently come across a show WJLC Harvest hour, a Christian show. Bible reading and prayers in the beginning and then a musical guest for 45 minutes or an hour. There is one I have seen recently that I just love at least the first-half performance before they take a short break. Young girl, at least she was in 2014 when this show was recorded named Ashley Duncan

I am posting the link to the show here.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S-bxCAY79RA

WLJC TV Hour of Harvest featuring Ashley Duncan & Singers originally aired Jan. 28th, 2014 - YouTube

The music starts at the 9:55 minute mark and goes to the 46:23 minute mark for the first half, all very good.

The first song is OK but she really takes off on the second song and the third song takes over at the piano.

Listen to all the songs in the first half from the 9:55 minute mark to the 46:23 minute mark.

The song I especially want you to listen to is a song called "Pray Through Me Holy Spirit".

It is at the end of the first half starting at the 37:46 minute mark to the break.

I can relate to the song right before the break "Pray Through Me Holy Spirit" because I was in the hospital in 2019 for an operation and was to be released the next day. Due to many complications, I spent 36 days there and was exhausted and washed and had given up hope and I figured I would end up in a hospice and die. But God said no and brought me home. And the bible says in Romans 8:26 "Likewise the Spirit also helpeth our infirmities: for we know not what we should pray for as we ought: but the Spirit itself maketh intercession for us with groanings which cannot be uttered". I couldn't utter my groanings at that time, I was so weak and just felt hopeless so I just know the Holy Spirit was there and as Ashley sings he "Prayed Through Me" and made intercession for me to our Heavenly Father. This song goes right to my heart because I have lived it.

I have also recently come across another image of your little buddy in color--

Take Care-God Bless-Russ