Uncle NED, you came back! I've missed you

Options
medic1971
medic1971 Member Posts: 225 Member

Hello everyone,

I just wanted to update the world. Quick recap, 2015 two small tumors removed from my right kidney, both were chromophobe 2.2cm and 8mm. In 2018 there was a 5mm mass in my left kidney. 2019 it grew to 8mm and then in 2020 it hit puberty and grew to 2.2cm. This time it was cystic clear cell.

In October of this year my wife was diagnosed with breast cancer. I convinced her to go to MD Anderson for treatment. My yearly follow-up CT scan was scheduled the week my wife was having a double mastectomy and they rescheduled my follow-up to coincide with my wife's follow-up appointments. Those appointments occurred this week.

I am happy to report that uncle NED came to visit!!!! I'm still doing yearly scans, but they asked me if it was okay to do an MRI instead of a CT scan because of radiation exposure. I was like, yes please!

My wife is doing great too. We found out she has an extremely low 9 year reoccurrence score of 4% and no chemo!!!!

I hope everyone is doing well and those who are still in the fight, keep fighting! Every month things are changing in the world of cancer treatment.

This picture is of me and my wife, we both just got done having our blood work drawn and are waiting for our next appointment

Comments

• tgpath1
    tgpath1 Member Posts: 97 Member
    Options

Congratulations!! Prayers for both of you to have many more years NED!

• Tobi
    Tobi Member Posts: 61 Member
    Options

Congrats to both of you! My journey just started but so many people on this forum give me hope for the future!

• stub1969
    stub1969 Member Posts: 966 Member
    Options

Medic, you've had a heck of a journey. I'm sorry your main support person also had to join the cancer community as a patient. Thanks for continuing to update us as you walk through the RCC path. You've been a great resource for me since I was diagnosed in 2016.

Hopefully, this is the last of your family's dealings with cancer--good luck!

Stub

• Mmoses25
    Mmoses25 Member Posts: 321 Member
    Options

congratulations to the both of you have a happy holiday

• bramrebello
    bramrebello Member Posts: 25 Member
    Options

Awesome news, hope you bothe remain NED forever. Happy holiday season to you both and all on this board.

• Deanie0916
    Deanie0916 Member Posts: 616 Member
    Options

Good news! Hope you both have Uncle NED as a frequent visitor again and again!💕

• daisybud
    daisybud Member Posts: 541 Member
    Options

Congrats to you both!

• lobbyist0724
    lobbyist0724 Member Posts: 515 Member
    Options

Congratulations, hope uncle NED visits you two for the rest of your life!

• Allochka
    Allochka Member Posts: 1,062 Member
    Options

Sending NED wishes to both of you!

• Shecka1121
    Shecka1121 Member Posts: 117 Member
    Options

What a great way to start the new year. All the best