Newly diagnosed Immature Teratoma

sakramy
sakramy Member Posts: 2 Member

Hi All,

i am posting on here in hopes for some hope and answers from anyone else going through this horrible experience. I am a 25 year old women and was recently diagnosed with Stage 1A immature teratoma grade 3 (high grade) germ cell cancer after having a 22cm tumor removed, along with my right ovary and Fallopian tube removed. I am still in recovery from the surgery but according to my surgeon the tumor was thankfully removed all intact and all of the biopsy’s taken at the time of surgery including all results and blood work came back with no other malignant cells detected and no masses in any other organs. I was told by my oncologist that this was the earliest stage but the chance for recurring or microcells being left behind is still there and that the BEP chemo regimen for this type of cancer is the only option for treatment and I am so scared hearing this. I don’t know what to expect and am so worried that the chemo will do more damage than good as there wasn’t anything else detected for sure and this would be a preventative measure. Any advice or tips from your experiences?

Thank you