Scar tissue and anal fissure

Options
Cheryl59
Cheryl59 Member Posts: 12 Member
edited March 2022 in Colorectal Cancer #1

I'm 2 years remission , does anyone else have issues when passing a hard stool ,there is some blood, my Dr said that is the scar tissue causing that from a harder stool and I have a fissure , I guess I'm looking for reassurance . My last CT scan was normal , and I see my GI doctor today for my 6 month visit .

Comments

• Trubrit
    Trubrit Member Posts: 5,796 Member
    edited December 2021 #2
    Options

ALL THE TIME!

Well, I don't show blood ALL of the time, but when I am not careful with my diet, then yes, there is always blood. Then of course that means I have ripped, and then it hurts, or feels like a ball - such an odd and always frightening experience.

I am seven years NED - Stage IV, and this will be a part of my life forever - and I plan on living until I am 92, at least.

Did you have radiation? My problem in the rectum and vaginal area, were caused by radiation thinning out the skin and also causing stenosis.

I hope this post reassures you, but I will warn you, the fear may never go away. You will see that blood, feel that odd sensation and wonder 'Is it back?'

This is just my experience, and of course you always go to your team of Doctors first and foremost - which you have done.

Tru

• Cheryl59
    Cheryl59 Member Posts: 12 Member
    Options

Thanks , I don't have bleeding all the time , I notice to if my diet isn't good or I don't drink enough water or take my fiber . My Dr says there is scar tissue where the tumor was and if I don't keep my stool soft it will cause some bleeding