Battling stage 3 colon cancer with recurrence

lwahlen54
lwahlen54 Member Posts: 3 Member

Hi all ! New to the group.. I’m 54 now diagnosed with stage 3 colon cancer in 2019. With recurrence to ovaries in 2020 and small pelvic mass in 2021. Have undergone 3 major surgeries one cycle of folfox, and am currently on my second 6 month round of folfiri. Plus erbitux and kanjinti . My last scan was clean so this round is prophylactic! Only have received two rounds so far and the nausea is far worse this time. I’m feeling like compazine , zofran , and Ativan are not working ! Any one have any success with other anti Nausea treatments ! And as far as this erbitux rash… all I can say is WOW…. Anyone have thoughts on how to manage the rash. ? So far only on clindamycin lotion …. Thanks 🙄

Comments

• Real Tar Heel
    Real Tar Heel Member Posts: 307 Member

Nausea varies from person to person and what works for some might not work for you. I try to just wing it because the nausea meds take away too much from my life. I like to be active, not on the couch, lots to do with my family. I would recommend less meds than more. Zofran is a good one to have on hand, along with prochlorperazine if you need a little extra. I've never had to deal with the rash, sorry, but many on here have. Good luck.

• Gabby T
    Gabby T Member Posts: 10 Member

The rash is rough to deal with. When I went through it, in addition to the topical Clindamycin my oncologist put me on the antibiotic Doxycycline. That was over a year and a half ago, but I do recall that the combination of the two prescriptions worked very well.