December Birthdays

Options
Harmanygroves
Harmanygroves Member Posts: 486 Member
edited December 2021 in Uterine/Endometrial Cancer #1

If you are celebrating your birthday this month, share with us so we can wish you a Happy Birthday!

Are you celebrating holidays this month? What are your plans?

Comments

• yetti
    yetti Member Posts: 82 Member
    Options

Hi. I’m a December birthday.! My birthday is December 29 year 1961 , THIS IS GOING TO BE A ROUGH BIRTHDAY !! MY 60 Th Cancer has made me look older and feel older! It haS ESPECIALLY SCREWED UP MY HAIR it is now short and thin and feel it ages me ! I want my pre cancer / chemo hair back ! I’m on letrozole which causes hair thinning and other side effects ! I feel like just sleeping through it not celebrating ! I’ve been dreading this birthday for a while officially a senior citizen ! Ugh

• Harmanygroves
    Harmanygroves Member Posts: 486 Member
    Options

Hey, you need some sassy hats, miss! I'm 62, and am just now getting my groove back from this grueling year. I didn't do chemo, but the surgeries and radiation made me look and feel pretty horrible, and my hair got thinner too, and just kind of frizzed out. Better now, but sigh....I'll never see 60 again!

Happy, Happy Birthday! go for some French berets. Raspberry beret?

• cmb
    cmb Member Posts: 1,001 Member
    Options

Yetti,

I don’t have any great answers for how you're feeling right now. I can relate to the bad hair and I well remember how lousy I felt during treatment.

So all I can say is to hug your sweet kitty and hope that you can find something - a favorite food, piece of cake, drink, movie, book, etc. to enjoy on your birthday.

My two cats, Griffin and Pixie, along with the two crazy foster kittens I have at the moment, will join me in wishing you a happy birthday on the 29th and celebrating that you're still here with us.