Dear Moderators WHO is just as important as WHAT so please make WHO much bigger!

Options
Helen321
Helen321 Member Posts: 1,459 Member

Why would they not realize that who makes a post is important. You cant see people's names anymore and it's hard to follow who posted what.

Comments

• SandiaBuddy
    SandiaBuddy Member Posts: 1,381 Member
    Options

I find it all so confusing I cannot even put a finger on what I don't like about it--or maybe it is that I can't figure it out.

Why do you have to de-select "stay signed in," when you sign in, as if this is a commercial site gathering data to sell?

Why do posts pop up on top of the list for no apparent reason?

Why does the term "new" appear but not allow you to click the term to find the new comments?

Why does a prior message appear by default in new postings?

And perhaps my bottom line: Why can't the old, "primitive" format be restored for those of us who prefer it?

• CSNSupportTeam
    CSNSupportTeam admin Posts: 199
    Options

Hi SandiaBuddy,

Thank you for posting. I apologize for the difficulty you are having with the new site and how confusing it is for you. We appreciate your feedback and questions.

Please be assured that CSN does not sell data or private information. The “keep me signed in” box at login is meant as a convenience to save time from logging in if you are using the same device.

Regarding your question about posts, when someone posts a new comment to a topic, it will show up on top of the list in chronological order. The term "new" is listed so that you know there is new content in this topic. It’s just an alert and not a link. You will need to click on that topic to view the new content.

In each topic that contains new comments, there will be a comment that has a blue box around it. The comment above this, is the last comment that you read. The comment in the blue box and all comments after it have not been read. If you have read all the comments in that topic, you will not see a blue box.

To help us with your question, “Why does a prior message appear by default in new postings?” Could you provide a screen shot and further clarification on what you mean?

To your overall question about using the old site or having that option, the previous platform was going to become obsolete soon, so we had to update to this new platform and there isn't a way to restore the old appearance or functions. I’m sorry for any unpleasantness this has caused. We know it will take some time to get used to the new site. Please know we are happy to answer any questions, so please continue to reach out to us and we would be glad to help.

Here is also a great link with helpful information and tips.

CSN Help

https://csn.cancer.org/discussion/324376/csn-help#latest

Best,

Ken

CSN Support Team

• SandiaBuddy
    SandiaBuddy Member Posts: 1,381 Member
    edited December 2021 #4
    Options

Screenshot of of prior message in new postings.

Why not delete the automatic checking of "keep me signed in" like it used to be?

Screenshot of old post popping up with no apparent reason:

• abita
    abita Member Posts: 1,152 Member
    Options

It looks like it had popped up because someone named Helen had started looking through old posts and commented on them. If you see, Trubrit responded to that person who commented on Dec 7th.

• CSNSupportTeam
    CSNSupportTeam admin Posts: 199
    Options

Thank you for sharing the screenshots, @SandiaBuddy

The first screen shot showing the prior message in a new comment indicates a reply. At the bottom of the posts you will see reactions that look like this:

When a person chooses Reply, the post they are responding to will appear first followed by their reply like this:

Regarding, the second screen shot showing an old post popping up, as abita mentioned, when a member makes a comment on an old post, it will be bumped up to the top of the discussions to show that there is new activity. The comment in your screen shot was made on December 7th by Trubrit. The blue box around the comment shows that it has not been read and is new. The comment above this, is the last comment that you read.

I hope this information is helpful. Please always feel free to reach out to us for any assistance.

Warm regards,

Nydia

CSN Support Team