Surgery Monday

steph57
steph57 Member Posts: 19 Member

I am excited to let everyone know that I had Surgery July 16, 2021 for removal of rectal tumors for stage 4 cancer and after tests came back negative( doctor at MGH says he got it all). I am now scheduled Monday to have reversal surgery so I can get rid of my stoma and bag. I have been blessed by the the support of friends and family and the staff at MGH in Boston, MA and Wentworth Douglass Hospital in Dover NH through this and I am praying for everyone who goes through chemo, radiation and surgery that you all will have the same outcome.

Comments

• DanNH
    DanNH Member Posts: 185 Member

I am very happy for you. We have a long way to go to get to where you are!

• BerniceOB
    BerniceOB Member Posts: 40 Member

I am very happy for you! We were fortunate enough to have a similar outcome. The difference being that my husband's stoma is permanent.

• Trubrit
    Trubrit Member Posts: 5,796 Member

Great news, Steph!

Be good during healing from the reversal, and I hope that this is your last Cancer related run in.

Have a long and wonderful life.

Tru

• kalee0221
    kalee0221 Member Posts: 9 Member

So happy for you!!!! You are incredibly strong. Thank you for keeping up the good fight and getting better. My best friend was not so lucky, but I’m glad to see that there are miracles that do still happen.

• steph57

UPDATE

I had my surgery on the 6th for reversal its been a little more than a week and I feel real good no pain and by bowels are working as they should. I am so blessed and wish all you here a Very Merry Christmas and a very Happy 2022.

• Trubrit
    Trubrit Member Posts: 5,796 Member

Wonderful news, Steph!

May you continue in health and happiness. Have a very blessed Christmas season.

Tru

• steph57