Neuropathy - B Vitamins

Options
motorcycleguy
motorcycleguy Member Posts: 478 Member

I've been struggling with Neuropathy (numbness in my arms, hands and feet) ever since finishing 5 FU Chemo treatment, a couple years ago.

Recently, a couple people on here recommended B Complex vitamins for it. I started taking them - and at first, I was disappointed, that I saw no results.

However, this week - after two weeks of a daily B Complex vitamin, my arms suddenly feel less "agitated" and not nearly so cold!!

I have a feeling that somebody may have known what they were talking about - LOL!

I hope everyone is having as nice a holiday season as possible!

Comments

• Stephie75
    Stephie75 Member Posts: 185 Member
    edited December 2021 #2
    Options

Hey MG!

I have been taking B complex for a few years.

B vitamins are known for their ability to support healthy nervous system function. Vitamins B-1, B-6, and B-12 have been found to be especially beneficial for treating neuropathy. Vitamin B-1, also known as thiamine, helps to reduce pain and inflammation and vitamin B-6 preserves the covering on nerve endings.

If I could get my own B-12 injections, I would probably do it, if I were having your issue. I have heard that some Oncologists have given B-12 shots. You may want to check into that.

It's been nice hearing from you!

P.S.

Thankfully, I am not Claustrophobic! I think I'll do fine. I had a lot of fun during the PET scan. When the nurse told me I was safe to be around adults, small children, and animals - - I said "So, I am REALLY radioactive right now??" He replied that I was, and I told him that was so cool. I was a superhero (sort of) for 1.5 hours. ;) and so are you, MG!

-Steph

• motorcycleguy
    motorcycleguy Member Posts: 478 Member
    Options

Steph,

I am SO happy with the B Vitamins and how much better my arms feel! I definitely appreciate all of the help and advice I got here, on that one!

I was worried about the mask thing, as I do feel mildly claustrophobic. I even told the Radiation ladies that I might panic. They told me just to wave and they'd be in to let me "loose" as quick as they could. But - if was never an issue. You're going to do just fine; just make sure your skin stays moisturized!

I remember that radio-active test. They asked me if I traveled for work, and I told them I did. So, they said they'd give me a letter, explaining why I set off the airport security alarm ... if I needed it. (They said a person's radioactivity could trigger it for a day or two after their PET Scan - LOL!)

I hope you have a great weekend!

MG