New here post op woes

Options
LWoods21
LWoods21 Member Posts: 2 Member
edited November 2021 in Kidney Cancer #1

My mass was discovered in April 2021, it was 2.4cm. It was an incidental finding. At the time I didn't have a primary physician because I fired him for not treating my recurring uti that came out of no where. After my second scans, the mass grew to 2.7cm. I had a partial nephrectomy on 11/8/21. Two days later I ended up in the ICU due to blood clots in the lungs and legs. When the rapid response team did a scan to check fo clots, they discovered a mass/growth on the right lung measuring at 6mm. Since it's a small one my care team wants to watch it. Has any else had new growths after removal? I should mention my kidney mass turned out to be stage 1 clear cell renal carcinoma.

Comments

• eug91
    eug91 Member Posts: 471 Member
    Options
    welcome-

Sorry you had to join us, but I'm glad you found us. We know what you're going through, so we're here for you. I'm so sorry about the clots you've been dealing with (as if you didn't have enough already!), but congrats on getting through your nephrectomy. 

As for your situation, it's hard to say. Yes, it's certainly possible to have new growths after removal - though that seems fast to have a 6mm growth in your lung. Especially when you caught/removed the original tumor at below 4cm. Hopefully others here will have some insight. Otherwise, please make sure to stay on top of your follow-up scans and monitor that growth. 

Hoping for continued healing for you! 

• icemantoo
    icemantoo Member Posts: 3,361 Member
    edited November 2021 #3
    Options
    I agree with eug91

They probanly won't know for 3 months when they trscan you and hopfully no grow

\icemantoo

• stub1969
    stub1969 Member Posts: 966 Member
    edited November 2021 #4
    Options
    Welcome, LWoods

During one of my initial scans, the doctor noted a few "small" spots on the base of my right lung, but he didn't think anything about it.  Of course, I mentally couldn't dismiss it, so I thought about it until my next scan.  Fortunately, it was nothing, as the spots were not mentioned on the next scans.  I'm hopeful your outcome is like mine.

Take care

Stub

• AliceB1950
    AliceB1950 Member Posts: 237 Member
    edited November 2021 #5
    Options
    I've got nodules in my lungs.

I've got nodules in my lungs. My oncologist (who I see because of a different cancer I had) said they're usually not a big deal, most people get them just from breathing in all the stuff in the air. We just don't know about them until we start getting regular scans. As long as they don't grow, they shouldn't be anything to worry about. Gosh, those blood clots sound scary; sorry you had to go through that.

• Bay Area Guy
    Bay Area Guy Member Posts: 618 Member
    Options
    I don't have any insights on

I don't have any insights on this subject.  Just wanted to wish you the best.

• LWoods21
    LWoods21 Member Posts: 2 Member
    Options

Thanks for the replies and well wishes. It’s great to have a network of people who understand and support each other.

• jpk130
    jpk130 Member Posts: 1 Member
    Options

New to this page, Husband got a 8.2 mass on right kidney, been reading alot and dont know what to ecpect. They r doing a pet scan tomorrow. and urology appt today. Can anyone tell me

• stub1969
    stub1969 Member Posts: 966 Member
    Options

jpk130: Start a new thread and you'll get replies that are specific to your questions/concerns.

On a more important note--welcome! Although meeting under different circumstances would have been better, you have found a great place to ask questions and receive replies that are based on our own experiences. Take a deep breath-- things will move along pretty quickly now that the mass has been found.

Stub