Thanksgiving-What Are You Thankful For

Options
wbcgaruss
wbcgaruss Member Posts: 2,275 Member
edited November 2021 in Head and Neck Cancer #1

This is a thanksgiving posting and it is soon here in fact Thursday in just 3 days.
Feel Free to post what you are thankful for or well wishes or whatever is on your heart this time of year.
I have so much to be thankful for I am not going to list it all here.
But I have a God who pulled me through many tough times and blessed me with much healing.
God provided all I needed and Blessed me with wonderful health care through wonderful doctors, nurses, aides,
PA assistants, lab people you name it I have been Blessed with the finest care and surrounded by top-notch loving people.
When I thought I was at my last, and I had given up hope and thought I was going to die God sent me home instead.
Sent me home to a wife that Loves me Dearly in spite of all my faults.
I have all the provisions I need also with a good place to live and plenty to eat.
So I say count your blessings, count them one by one, count your blessings see what God has done.
Your Blessings are not hard to find and are as close as the air we breathe and the next breath we take.
The food we have each day.
The free country we live in, the best place in the world.
And I pray thanks for our military personnel, our soldiers who protect us always.
I pray for the ones who are stationed away from their families this holiday and hope they are soon back together.
I am thankful I can still eat even though it is a lot slower.
I am thankful I am able to deal with the after-effects of treatment and enjoy each day.
I am thankful for the many folks on here in the forum who helped me and many others in our journey.
And when I get up some days and don't exactly feel all that great I am thankful that at least I am at home and not in a hospital somewhere and that makes a huge difference because I spent many days waking up in the hospital and it sure makes you aware of what you have to be thankful for.

So, what are you thankful for please feel free to share it here.
Everyone feel free to add as your heart leads and I wish you all a wonderful and Blessed Thanksgiving

Take Care-God Bless-Russ

Comments

• ozymandible
    ozymandible Member Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    I'm thankful for each

I'm thankful for each additional day God gives me despite the challenges, pain and struggles.  I am thankful for my children and the rest of my family.  I am thankful for the people I've met here. I am thankful for modern medicine-specifically pain pills-haha.  :)

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!  For those of us who can still eat I hope it's extra good!

• Logan51
    Logan51 Member Posts: 464 Member
    edited November 2021 #3
    Options
    well

and for those of us who can no longer eat, I hope it's still all good.

Have a lot to be thankful for: head Surgeon told my Father he couldn't even give me a 10% chance of living after a car accident- a little over 53 years ago! Came with a toll of 23 Operations over the 26 months to follow, and a half-paralyzed voice box, but tomorrow I turn 67. And, in less than a month, I'll be 13 years out to the good from my post-C Nasopharyngeal diagnosis, which also came with tolls on my body and functioning. Still, it has been a good life to which words fail me to describe how thankful I am to still cast breath.

• ProustLover
    ProustLover Member Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    Especially Thankful Right Now

Especially thankful right now for husband's responsive and compassionate surgeon.  We spent all day Tuesday this week in the hospital, with husband undergoing laser ablation for new high grade dysplasia on lateral tongue.  This is the third ablation in as many years, all since initial surgery, radiation and chemo for recurrent tongue cancer in 2018.  Despite the holiday week and a crazy hospital setting (covid spiking in western New York), his team got him biopsied and scheduled for the out-patient surgery super fast.  I am filled with gratitutde that this was caught fast before further "invasion," and for so many other blessings and friends.  There is no Thanksgiving meal in store for hubby anytime soon, but right now we're super thankful for boost and ensure.  

• Remington25
    Remington25 Member Posts: 93 Member
    edited November 2021 #5
    Options
    Thankful for Family

Thankful for my family at home, my family at work, my friends that are like family and everyone that helped me through my diagnosis and treatment that treated me like family.