Abnormal biopsy and anxiously waiting - update for appt #2

Options
2»

Comments

• kodiak_bear
    kodiak_bear Member Posts: 13 Member
    Options

Thank you FourBee! I do have an awesome spouse who is a better caregiver than myself, and I have four adult boys who rise to the occasions and help out when we need them too. :) Three of them still live with us so that works out well in these types of situations, less stress for my husband. I am going to have to try to get some freezer meals done for sure!

• kodiak_bear
    kodiak_bear Member Posts: 13 Member
    Options

I am so glad you are free of disease! I read five years is the big goal so praying for you! I have a dear friend that had abdominal due to endometriosis and she was in the hospital recovering longer than I was when I had brain surgery. It's much more difficult surgery so you were wise for sure to take the narcotics to keep your pain manageable.

I react poorly to narcotics, my body just gets really sick and dizzy on them, and I have a weird thing where I go into atrial fibrillation when I throw up. It has taken a few instances for the medical team to start taking it seriously but we now have it documented enough that they are listening when we tell them 'don't give me narcotics' lol. It is one of the things I am nervous about with this upcoming surgery, hope that Motrin/Tylenol will be enough to keep it from being miserable.

Thank you for sharing your story!

• Forherself
    Forherself Member Posts: 969 Member
    Options

That is good news! Now you can put it behind you. Glad you could be here too.

• BluebirdOne
    BluebirdOne Member Posts: 656 Member
    Options

Kodiak,

All of our stories are important to be told, especially those who are lucky enough to catch their disease early. I guarantee you, someone has come here with your same issues, read your posts and now know they might travel the same path.

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experiences.

• Harmanygroves
    Harmanygroves Member Posts: 486 Member
    Options

So happy for you! Thanks so much for the update, Kodiak. Great news!

• NoTimeForCancer
    NoTimeForCancer Member Posts: 3,371 Member
    Options

so thrilled for you kodiak bear!!! thank you for letting us know.