help interpreting results

I am 45 years old and had a vaginal ultrasound for heavy menstrual bleeding with very large clots. I work in a hospital so i am able to view my results but i do not see my Gyno again unti Dec 30th when she will do a endometrial biopsy. Anyone here have similar results and can offer any insight?

Thickened heterogeneous endometrium measuring up to 2.4 cm

Left Ovary measures 30.5 x2.3 x 2.6 cm and contains a complicated cystic lesion within the left ovary measuring up to 2.1 cm with peripheral color floew signal

small amount of free fluid noted dependently within the pelvis

Should I be concerned with how think my endometrium is?

Comments

• cmb
    cmb Member Posts: 1,001 Member
    edited November 2021 #2
    Welcome

Welcome, although we're sorry that you had to find your way here. I see that you found the other recent discussion that talked about a thickened endometrium. I can't shed any light on your specific ultrasound report findings, but as that other discussion showed, heavy bleeding, thickened endometrium, etc. can be caused by many different things besides cancer.

Spydergal later reported that she did not have cancer. Llama44 hasn't been on the board for a couple of months, but I don't believe she's shared the findings from her biopsy here. Often when women find they don't have cancer, they understandably stop posting.

So most of the posts here reflect women who have/had cancer. But keep in mind that we are only a small portion of women who experience heavy bleeding, etc. These issues are more often caused by other conditions.

It's good, however, that you're pursuing the cause of your symptoms, although you'll have a few weeks wait until the biopsy. Try to enjoy the holidays in the meantime and check back in if you have further questions.

• NoTimeForCancer
    NoTimeForCancer Member Posts: 3,351 Member
    Jesskap, I appreciate cmb

Jesskap, I appreciate cmb replied, and think she has some good guidance.  Waiting is excrutiaingly painful, but it does sound good that they want to find out what is going on.   Hang in there, I echo the thought of trying to enjoy the holiday and please let us know what you find out.   

• Momschooling
    Momschooling Member Posts: 106 Member
    edited November 2021 #4
    Hi Jesskap, I had an

Hi Jesskap, I had an ultrasound early September (I am 48 premenopauseal) which showed thickened lining of 16mm heterogenous, a ton of fibroids, one quite large, then had an endometrial biopsy done Sept 29. This showed complex atypical endometrial hyperplasia and then on on a second read showed suspicious foci for grade 1 carcinoma among the CAH (I am scheduled to have hysterectomy early January). It's been very stressful since this all started because it came out of nowhere, I understand how you feel. I think just trying to focus on one step at a time is the best advice I have heard. I sometimes have to take breaks from reading about everything as it sends me into anxiety attacks. For the biopsy, ask for something strong, it's short but pretty painful and I was grateful for the valium I took, it really helped me.

• Jesskap
    Jesskap Member Posts: 8 Member
    edited November 2021 #5
    My biopsy got moved up to

My biopsy got moved up to tomorrow morning. I will let everyone know how it goes. 

• cmb
    cmb Member Posts: 1,001 Member
    Moving forward

I'm happy to hear that your biopsy was moved up to tomorrow. You'll probably still have a few days to wait afterwards until the results are available, but this is so much better than waiting until the end of next month. I hope the procedure goes smoothly.

• Harmanygroves
    Harmanygroves Member Posts: 486 Member
    That's a Relief

Sometimes you can go into your portal and get the results before the appointment, where the doctor will want to interpret and explain them.

That is a blessing and a curse, so make sure you just try to stay as calm as possible. Movies, your pets, close friends, us, whatever it takes. Do remember that most women will not be diagnosed with cancer. We have a lot of women who show up in here, upset and worried, who then let us know that things turned out fine, and that's that. It actually happens a lot. 

As others have noted, most of us here are that small percentage that actually get diagnosed with endometrial cancer.

Best of luck, and let us know how things go. 

Deb 2

• FourBee
    FourBee Member Posts: 52 Member

Jesskap,

Did you get your biopsy results? Thinking of you.

FourBee

• kodiak_bear
    kodiak_bear Member Posts: 13 Member

I hope you got your results and also thinking of you.