Ureter Cancer

In 2012 I had both of my hips totally replaced and in 2013 I was diagnosed with Ureter cancer in my left ureter after a year long journey of pain, blood in my urine, multiple CT scans, and cystoscopies.  I had surgery to remove the tumor and as they were able to get 2 clean ends, my ureter was reattached to my bladder.  Approximately  3 months later during a routine well woman check up a mass was discovered in my left ovary.  It was determined to be cancerous and I underwent a full hysterectomy.  They were unable to locate the mass and subsequently everything they removed was sent to pathology where they found active cancer cells beginning in my cervix.  I did not have any type of chemo or radiation after either of these surgeries.  So that is the back story which brings me to today....I started passing blood and blood clots in my urine about 2 weeks ago.  I have minor back pain however I also have RA, and Fibromyalgia and the pain in my back is something that I have had for years and is exaserbated by sitting to long, walking or standing too long, trying to work in the yard etc....  My doctor ordered a CT scan which came back normal as did all of my others that I have had in the past.  I do have a urology appointment scheduled for Dec 6 (soonest available) for bloodwork, urinalysis and cystoscopy.  My wife wants me to go to an Urgent care to get bloodwork and urine test sooner...I am not a fan of urgent cares and feel that the wait while stressful, is only a few weeks away and will be here soon enough.  I guess, I just needed to vent but am also wondering if I am just putting off the inevitable?

Thanks for listening! God Bless!

MellieMel

Comments

• Harmanygroves
    Harmanygroves Member Posts: 486 Member
    edited November 2021 #2
    Hey Mellie

Waiting is extremely hard. I think I would wait for the appointment, as it's only ten days. I can understand that your wife may want to push for some faster tests, but in my opinion, you are exposing yourself to illness unnecessarily. That's just my take on it. 

Wishing you the best.