I am celebrating 3 years NED!

I just returned from my 6 month checkup with the oncologist. We both were gratified that I am still NED, having finished my last treatment in October, 2018. I was dx with 1a serous (grade 3) with LVSI. I had hysterectomy, BSO, chemo and brachy. This is a big deal for me and it was encouraging to think that I may only have 4 more oncology visits if I remain NED.

I am grateful for all the friends I have made here and can not imagine going through this without everyone's support and input. Thanks and much love to everyone.

xxoo

Denise

Comments

• FourBee
    FourBee Member Posts: 52 Member
    edited November 2021 #2
    Congratulations!

Such fantastic news! Thanks for making my day!!! I wish you continued good health and happiness every day.

FourBee

• cmb
    cmb Member Posts: 1,001 Member
    Good news indeed!

Denise,

I'm so happy for you! Three years NED post treatment is a really significant milestone.

And thanks for all the support you provide to others on this site. It's greatly appreciated!

• BluebirdOne
    BluebirdOne Member Posts: 654 Member
    edited November 2021 #4
    Thanks, FourBee!

So gratifying to see old timers (lol) come back with great news of long term NED. Three years is a big one, but all NED is to be celebrated, one day at a time. Remembering how difficult the first few months were, how despondent I was, and now I am cautiously optimistic (very cautiously!) that I have a future. I am so grateful for all of the love and support here and hope to continue many years to support others.

xxoo

Denise

• BluebirdOne
    edited November 2021 #5
    Thanks, cmb.

We are all small individual voices that come together to support others and their families as they go through this, and hopefully they know that they are not alone and we are here for them. Without your extremely helpful tech input, as well as being a wonderful advocate, I can't image where we would be. Is anyone else just a little frightened at the coming update?

xxoo

Denise

• Harmanygroves
    Harmanygroves Member Posts: 486 Member
    edited November 2021 #6
    Denise, that's so great!

Cautiously optimistic is not a bad thing! Any brand of optimistic is such a relief. You are a wonderful member of our board, and I'm so glad you are here. 

• Forherself
    Forherself Member Posts: 959 Member
    edited November 2021 #7
    Congratulations Denise

You and I and ZsaZsa and LadyMox all joined the board at the same time to my memory.   This is wonderful news about your NED.  May it continue to the end of your days!

• Kathy G.
    Kathy G. Member Posts: 244 Member
    edited November 2021 #8
    CONGRATULATIONS & prayers for

CONGRATULATIONS & prayers for many more healthy years to come!

• Fridays Child
    Fridays Child Member Posts: 277 Member
    edited November 2021 #9
    Congratulations!

That is wonderful news!   Every day with NED is a great day!

• NoTimeForCancer
    NoTimeForCancer Member Posts: 3,351 Member
    edited November 2021 #10
    Denise, I hope you did

Denise, I hope you did something special for yourself!  Celebrate every anniversary!

• MoeKay
    MoeKay Member Posts: 476 Member
    edited November 2021 #11
    Magnificent Milestone!

Congratulations and many, many more, Denise!  I always remember the three-year mark as my favorite!!  I hope you're doing something extra-special to celebrate!! 

• BluebirdOne
    edited November 2021 #12
    Thanks, Deb.

I really appreciate your comments. You also are a wonderful addition to our board and I am also glad you are here.

xxoo

Denise

• BluebirdOne
    Thanks.

Yes, we did join about the same time. Also I miss Lulu7587, who came at the same time as well. I feel very humble to have made it when others did not. I think we feel a special connection to those who joined around the same time that continues.

xxoo

Denise

• BluebirdOne
    Thanks all! I appreciate your support and good wishes.

After treatment ended, which coincided with my 30th wedding anniversary, my husband and I decided that we would treat ourselves to a "Year of Fun", traveling, seeing friends and relatives we had not seen for a while, and just relaxing. Then Covid hit and our year became a year of seeing no one and doing almost nothing. We are rededicating our "Year of Fun" anniversary fun to 3 years NED fun. Emphasis on fun. We did go in September to the Upper Penninsula of Michigan for 10 days to kick this off, and spend a week in Denver with our youngest daughter, and I look forward to doing something during the winter. We are so happy to now be able to enjoy the two grandkids 4, and 1, who live only a mile away but we could not hug for an entire year. More fun with them!

It is also a bittersweet anniversary remembering those friends here who did not make it, and those who are still not NED. The fear of recurrence has not left me, but I have more hope that I will continue to be NED than before. I am so glad that I found this place and have "met" all of you.

xxoo

Denise

• TeddyandBears_Mom
    TeddyandBears_Mom Member Posts: 1,811 Member
    Congrats Denise! So happy you

Congrats Denise! So happy you shared your Ned dance milestone with us! May you continue your dance for the rest of your life!

Covid put a lot of things on hold for us. I'm glad you are picking back up with fun things to make up for the "wait"!

Love and Hugs,

Cindi

• BluebirdOne
    edited November 2021 #16
    Thanks, Cindi!

I know I love to hear about other's milestones, or baby steps toward NED, and I appreciate the thoughts.

xxoo

Denise