2»

Comments

• cmb
    cmb Member Posts: 1,001 Member
    edited November 2021 #22
    Options
    Site Update

Woodstock99

Why don't you share the link to the breast cancer forum that you like with CSN Support so they can pass it along to the those who are working on the site update? Just click on the link at the top of this page "Contact CSN." And tell them how you like the replies function as it works on the other site. Whether they can incorporate all the features that we'd like remains to be seen, but it never hurts to ask.

As for privacy, the issue is what Harmanygroves and I talked about above. Yes, posts can be found while searching the internet. It's how I found this site to begin with and why we have so many people who read the posts. And the availability of the posts on the internet is how I was able to retrieve and restore so many of the messages that were lost when CSN had a data outage a couple of years ago. Those are benefits of an open forum.

Protecting your privacy includes the steps we already take – not sharing your full name or other information like email addresses in posts that can link posts back to a specific individual. CSN will often flag those instances so that personal information can be removed from posts. They will also not disclose someone's contact information, even if asked. You can always send someone a private message and exchange personal contact information that way if you'd like to communicate directly with a member.

I also spoke with one of the site developers. My comments focused primarily on the search function and improvements I'd like to see in that area.