Is Your Care Team Caring For You?

Options
BeagleDad
BeagleDad Member Posts: 108 Member

I got a response from a man on this site after one of my previous videos where he mentioned that his care team did not do half of what I had mentioned mine did and I saw a clear opportunity for another helpful video ..and here it is.

Please consider clicking the LIke button and or commenting below the video with your experiences and or helpful advice on this matter as it can mean a great deal of difference to a fellow patient.

Thank you!

Don

aka Beagledad

https://youtu.be/dLkVt9ZIHUQ

Comments

• wbcgaruss
    wbcgaruss Member Posts: 2,275 Member
    edited November 2021 #2
    Options
    Thanks Don

Another nice fact filled video.
    I like you was Blessed by the cancer team and center I had.
    They were as your team proactive and were a Blessing.
    Like you I can't say enough good stuff about my docs, the cancer center, and the nurses, and even the schedulers
    who would set you up with your radiation and chemo appointments and other appts. and would hand you a printed easy to follow calendar
    you would take home and use, make notes on etc.

Take Care-God Bless-Russ

• Chillg8r
    Chillg8r Member Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    I've received only top shelf

I've received only top shelf treatment at both UNC Hospital in Chapel Hill and MUSC in Charleston, SC. Very impressed. Empathetic, responsive and well studied. 

• motorcycleguy
    motorcycleguy Member Posts: 478 Member
    edited November 2021 #4
    Options
    BD,

I felt I got very good care, all the way from the Oncologists to the older lady who volunteered, and handed out treats to people getting chemo!

I will say, though - that one has to take charge of their treatment. Make SURE that things like appointments are clearly understood on both sides. Medical people make mistakes sometimes, too - and it always good to make sure you have crystal clear understanding between both parties.

I'll also state that if you're lucky enough to have an advocate (someone who goes to appointments with you - it is a great idea. I myself got more help from my girlfriend and other friends than I could have imagined. If you ask for help, you will likely be surprised at how people will step up to support you!

MG

• Karl5G
    Karl5G Member Posts: 1 Member
    Options

Hmm...very sad that it happened that way. Well, I always try to find more objective information about them when I go to such services, look for reviews, it concerns dearest and nearest.