Liver resection for mets

jan9wils
jan9wils Member Posts: 202 Member

After my PET scan showed my somewhat stable disease has reared its ugly head again its recommended I have a liver resection and possibly ablation. Is there anyone who has had this and willing to share their experience? Any hints on how to prepare and help recovery along? 

Jan

Comments

• Forherself
    Forherself Member Posts: 959 Member
    edited November 2021 #2
    Just wanted to say

I am hoping this goes well for you.  Everyday they are improving their treatment, and I will be praying that you get your desired result.  I seem to remember some women talking about this in the past.  Did you search?

• ConnieSW
    ConnieSW Member Posts: 1,676 Member
    edited November 2021 #3
    Jan,

do you think it would be worth going to the liver board and see if anyone there can be of help?  I wish you the very best.

• LisaPizza
    LisaPizza Member Posts: 358 Member
    edited November 2021 #4
    I'm glad they have that

I'm glad they have that option for you. I think it's fairly commonly done for colon cancer mets too, if you don't get anyone here who has done it.

• thatblondegirl
    thatblondegirl Member Posts: 381 Member
    edited November 2021 #5
    So sorry to hear

Dear Jan, I'm sorry to hear you are having another recurrence. I don't have any experience or advice about what you're asking about, but I wanted you to know I'm praying for you and hoping for good results for you.

❤️, Alicia

• Fridays Child
    Fridays Child Member Posts: 277 Member
    edited November 2021 #6
    Good luck!

Jan, I'm sorry to hear that your cancer is active again. Praying your treatment will be successful.

• Dak82
    Dak82 Member Posts: 109 Member
    Ahh Jan

So sad to hear about this reoccurrence. I hope you can find the information you are seeking. Ablation seems to be coming into its own especially when combined with chemo or immunotherapy. But I hope "simple" surgery is enough. I don't know enough about reoccurrence protocols. 
    You know we are all here for you,

Deb1

• NoTimeForCancer
    NoTimeForCancer Member Posts: 3,351 Member
    edited November 2021 #8
    Darn it, Jan.  I am sorry to

Darn it, Jan.  I am sorry to hear this.  Prayers as you navigate this next piece of the puzzle.

• jan9wils
    jan9wils Member Posts: 202 Member
    edited November 2021 #9
    Much ado about nothing

I had my surgery yesterday. It was done by an oncologist who specializes in surgery of the liver and pancreas.  He was able to do it laparascopically. I was allowed to come home after a few hours of observation. I have to say this was the easiest resection I've had.  The tumor was just on the surface so the surgery only took 20 minutes.  I'm doing quite well. Thank you everyone for your support and positive vibes. 

Jan

• TeddyandBears_Mom
    TeddyandBears_Mom Member Posts: 1,811 Member
    edited November 2021 #10
    Jan, so happy to see your

Jan, so happy to see your post this morning. I hope this keeps everything stable for you.  Thanks for letting us know that part is in the rear view mirror for you.

Love and Hugs,

Cindi

• cmb
    cmb Member Posts: 1,001 Member
    edited November 2021 #11
    Good news

Jan, 

I'm also happy to hear that this surgery went well and that you're feeling okay. Thanks for letting us know.

• Fridays Child
    Fridays Child Member Posts: 277 Member
    Great to hear!

Thanks for the update, Jan, and I'm so glad it went easily for you.

• yetti
    yetti Member Posts: 82 Member
    edited November 2021 #13
    That’s great,

Dear Jan, So happy the surgery went well for you!  Sorry about the reccurence!

• ConnieSW
    ConnieSW Member Posts: 1,676 Member
    edited November 2021 #14
    What a relief

Thanks for giving us the good news

• SF73
    SF73 Member Posts: 317 Member
    Just seeing this update. I am

Just seeing this update. I am so happy to hear that the operation was easy. Hope all is well!

• Harmanygroves
    Harmanygroves Member Posts: 486 Member
    edited November 2021 #16
    Jan, so glad it went well

Take good care.

Deb2

• NoTimeForCancer
    NoTimeForCancer Member Posts: 3,351 Member
    edited November 2021 #17
    Jan, catching up some and so

Jan, catching up some and so glad to hear your report out on the procedure.  I hope you have a great Thanksgiving with your family.