FU With Chemo Doc

ozymandible
ozymandible Member Posts: 324 Member

Still no PET scan.  She wandered off somewhere to light a fire under some people. If I don't hear anything in a week I'm supposed to call back.

The thyroid cancer I don't remember hearing about was apparently discovered in the original surgery and they have a biopsy positive for thyroid cancer so I will have to get my thyroid removed.  They put off my thyroid because the oral cancer was far more pressing.  I honestly don't recall hearing about thyroid cancer but I was likely extremely medicated.

If PET scan is clear and thyroid is removed she says my prognosis is good and I should have a normal lifespan.

Maybe I'll get a few more peaceful years with my family.

Comments

• wbcgaruss
    wbcgaruss Member Posts: 2,451 Member
    ozy That Explains It

Clearly to me I now understand.
    I am sorry you have another hurdle to jump over.
    The PET Scan is the key now and I am sincerely praying that it is 100% clear except for the thyroid.
    In fact, I pray that it is 100% clear completely and they just happened to be wrong about the cancer of the thyroid.
    Or it's not there because God works in his way.
    So the thyroid is your problem then that is most likely causing the pain.
    I have heard ENT's say thyroid is a relatively easy operation and easy to remove so if needed it will not be at all that bad.
    And my family doc that just retired had his out many many years ago and was healthy as could be.
    You just have to take meds to make up for no thyroid.

Wishing You The Best-Take Care-God Bless-Russ

• ozymandible
    Thank you Russ.  I'm already

Thank you Russ.  I'm already on thyroid meds so I know all the ups and downs you get trying to adjust.  I just hope I don't have to have another trach.

Off to do research now.  :)

• wbcgaruss
    wbcgaruss Member Posts: 2,451 Member
    edited October 2021 #4
    No

That procedure does not involve a trach.

• ozymandible
    edited October 2021 #5
    Good! 

Good!