2»

Comments

• BluebirdOne
    BluebirdOne Member Posts: 656 Member
    edited October 2021 #22
    Options
    dgrdalton said:

Thank you!

My 70th birthday is October 12th and my husband and I will have our 51st wedding anniversary on Oct 16th. Last year we didn't know for awhile if i would be here. We all thought I was dying, then my oncologist took me off the meds I was on because they were so toxic to my system. We are grateful for another year! Our kids will be here the 13th, so we will celebrate then. The youngest 3 are girls, 6, 8, and 10! So always fun!

Donna

Happy birthday and anniversary.

Enjoy the grandkids and the celebration of another year. I am so happy to see your beautiful smile again.

xxoo

Denise 

• BluebirdOne
    edited October 2021 #23
    Options
    jan9wils said:

Happy Birthday Donna!

I''ll be 66 on the 18th. I'm grateful we are both here to celebrate another year.  I do hope you get some pain relief right away. It's so difficult to enjoy yourself when you are in pain.  I recovered from the immunotherapy trial I was on (it almost killed me) and will have a 3 month check up with my oncologist this month. Fingers crossed nothing has grown.

Jan

Happy Birthday, Jan!

Seems like we have a bunch of September and October birthdays, my favorite months. Pleaase let us know the results of your checkup. 

xxoo

Denise 

• BluebirdOne
    edited October 2021 #24
    Options
    Dak82 said:

October 1st

I had my 61st on 1 Oct. My Mom came to Utah and we went to my favorite Mexican restaurant in Salt Lake City, Red Iguana. A few days earlier I had my first of the double doses of dostarlimab at a 6-week interval. A week later nothing to report. My oncologist seems happy--says all my numbers are good and I don't have any increase in physical symptoms. I am having significant pain in my upper left chest and back and down my arm. Doctor thinks it's a larger tumor up against the chest wall that may be pressing on a nerve. So I'm off to visit the RO to discuss radiation to shrink it and reduce the pain.

Best news is I got a new stent that is so much more comfortable although I still can't really run with it. However the incontinence is much less as is the constant irritation. I visited the urologist to discuss surgery and he is more concerned about my apparent very atrophied left kidney and wants to do a renal scan before discussing options. Seems ureter resections can get very complex while removing a kidney, not so much. Strange thought.

But mostly good at this point and hoping the same to all my October birthday sisters!

Deb1

Deb,

Happy Birthday. I so admire our ladies who are going through so much. Let us know about the dostarlimab as it is relatively new. Happy to hear you are doing well so far. 

xxoo

Denise 

• dmmorgan71
    dmmorgan71 Member Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    October 26

October is a great month for birthdays! We celebrate my son and granddaughter on Saturday.  My mom and sister are coming to visit on the 22nd, so my sons and family will gather to celebrate more birthdays.  My sister turns 65 and I will be 68.  I love that mom will be here.  She turned 90 in April, so every opportunity to see her is a precious gift!  But then - every opportunity to celebrate with those we love is a gift!

• DebiR
    DebiR Member Posts: 38 Member
    edited October 2021 #26
    Options
    I am a quilter also with an October birthday!

I've been sewing and quilting since about 6th grade.  I have an online business selling quilting and embroidery supplies since 2009.  Last year in the middle of the COVID shutdown I opened a brick & mortar shop in Fairview Park, OH.  I am lucky that I was already online so walk-in traffic is a bonus.  [Content removed by CSN Support Team.]

I celebrate my 64th birthday on October 25.  Originally diagnosed with UPSC on 4/11/14, surgery 5/12/14.  Stage 3A (microscopic cells in both ovaries, positive wash, no nodes involved, very small tumor - less than 1/2 inch).  6 rounds of Carbo & Taxol.  I just had an abdomen & pelvic CT Scan and still all clear.  I will celebrate 7 years since ending chemo treatment on 10/28!

Debi

• Julie_123
    Julie_123 Member Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Happy Birthday and congratulations on 51 Golden Yeas

Hi 

I have not been on this board for awhile and saw your post. Happy 70th birth day but its really the 49th anniversary of your 21st birthday. Congradualations on your wedding anniversary. Awesome Trulely Awesome 

God Bless. 

• Harmanygroves
    Harmanygroves Member Posts: 486 Member
    edited October 2021 #28
    Options
    Happy Birthday! Jan!!!!! Three more days, then....

Then, cake?

What do you like for your birthday dinner and dessert?

You deserve something great!

• Harmanygroves
    edited October 2021 #29
    Options
    Love that Deb !!

You're an athlete with an amazing attitude, and this year has put you through your paces, but here you are, another year older! 

Happiest of Birthdays to you! (you may be the 1, but I'm 1 year older than you!)

• Harmanygroves
    Options
    You are doing great! Seven years NED!

(and wish I knew if your shop was near me!) the network admins protect us from ourselves, lol!

• ConnieSW
    ConnieSW Member Posts: 1,678 Member
    edited October 2021 #31
    Options
    Shop

I think I found it online and it's charming.  I grew up in SE Ohio so maybe I can take the route home that is closer to you next  trip to see family and indulge in shopping therapy.  I just hope I won't need any more mask material.  I used a lot from my quilting stash. 

• Maxster
    Maxster Member Posts: 102 Member
    edited November 2021 #32
    Options
    Thank you!

I was diagnosed with UPSC stage 3C1 two years ago and am NED at this time.  It is always good to hear news of someone who has passed the five year mark!  Thank you for letting us know.  It gives such hope!